SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lowe’s stores closed on Easter Sunday
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lowe’s stores closed on Easter Sunday Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
I just got an email from Lowe’s that they will be closed on Easter. It’s refreshing to see a major chain close on a Christian holiday.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just checked their website . You're right . My wife is retired from Lowe's and that's a big change for them .

Posts: 4062 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Very refreshing indeed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
My 17 YO son works for Market Basket, a major supermarket chain in New England, and they've announced that they will be closed on Easter Sunday, as well.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8910 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
My 17 YO son works for Market Basket, a major supermarket chain in New England, and they've announced that they will be closed on Easter Sunday, as well.

Good to know. That’s where I shop. I’ll make sure I have everything I need for Easter dinner before Sunday. Smile

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Good to hear!

No need for every store to be opened all the time.

I'm glad we still have a nice and quiet sunday over here in Switzerland, and I'm not a churchgoing person, or religious at all.

Just enjoy to have at least one day of rest in the week.

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm old enough to remember the "blue laws" which required almost everything to be closed on Sunday.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm Jewish and I support that. When I first went to college, Virginia Tech, in Fall of 1985 Blacksburg had blue laws in effect. They ended shortly thereafter. Growing up in the bustling suburbs of Northern VA, that was a major departure for me.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Props to Lowes. They are local, focused on customer service, and I give them all my business.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7072 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Publix is also closed on Easter Sunday.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9695 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Lowe's also has military discounts and reserved parking for Veterans.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Locally our Chick_Fila(?) is closed every Sunday . Might be corporate wide policy. .................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2013 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I'm old enough to remember the "blue laws" which required almost everything to be closed on Sunday.

Ugh. Those damn laws keep me from buying beer on Sunday in my town still. Don’t care too much about a Lowe’s being closed on Sunday, though that will probably be the day that I need something.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
My neighbor is a drunk. He just buys enough alcohol on Friday or Saturday to last all weekend, every weekend.

I didn’t realize Lowe’s was closed on Easter. Good for them.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
My neighbor is a drunk. He just buys enough alcohol on Friday or Saturday to last all weekend, every weekend.

You should see the liquor stores here in Utah on Saturday. Especially if Monday is a holiday.

I make sure to be well stocked on Thursday or Friday if needed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Wonder what prompted this?
Anybody have info on corporate decision?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:

I've got the inside scoop! Wink

https://corporate.lowes.com/ne...second-year-03-03-21

As COVID-19 pandemic continues, home improvement retailer recognizes more than 300,000 associates' hard work to continue providing essential goods and services

MOORESVILLE, N.C., March 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) today announced all stores in the United States and Canada will be closed on Easter Sunday, April 4, to show the home improvement retailer's appreciation for more than 300,000 associates' continued dedication.

"As we near the one-year anniversary of the pandemic's impact, we continue to recognize and thank our more than 300,000 associates who have demonstrated, again and again, their passion and commitment to serving our customers," said Marvin R. Ellison, Lowe's president and CEO. "Easter Sunday is an opportunity to spend time with loved ones. As we did last year, we'll work to ensure associates have the opportunity to make up scheduled hours to avoid any loss in pay resulting from this well-deserved day away from work."

In January, Lowe's announced its seventh bonus or special payment for its hourly front-line associates with an additional $80 million in discretionary bonuses. That seventh pandemic-related bonus brought the company's total commitment to associates to more than $900 million. The company has invested nearly $1.3 billion in COVID-related support for its associates, communities and store safety since the pandemic began.

Lowe's is currently hiring more than 50,000 seasonal and full-time retail associates, building on the more than 90,000 associates hired into permanent roles over the past year. Job seekers can visit jobs.lowes.com/spring or text "JOBS" to LOWES (56937) to learn about nearby opportunities and apply.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:

I've got the inside scoop! Wink

As COVID-19 pandemic continues, home improvement retailer recognizes more than 300,000 associates' hard work to continue providing essential goods and services

MOORESVILLE, N.C., March 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) today announced all stores in the United States and Canada will be closed on Easter Sunday, April 4, to show the home improvement retailer's appreciation for more than 300,000 associates' continued dedication.

"As we near the one-year anniversary of the pandemic's impact, we continue to recognize and thank our more than 300,000 associates who have demonstrated, again and again, their passion and commitment to serving our customers," said Marvin R. Ellison, Lowe's president and CEO. "Easter Sunday is an opportunity to spend time with loved ones. As we did last year, we'll work to ensure associates have the opportunity to make up scheduled hours to avoid any loss in pay resulting from this well-deserved day away from work."

In January, Lowe's announced its seventh bonus or special payment for its hourly front-line associates with an additional $80 million in discretionary bonuses. That seventh pandemic-related bonus brought the company's total commitment to associates to more than $900 million. The company has invested nearly $1.3 billion in COVID-related support for its associates, communities and store safety since the pandemic began.

Lowe's is currently hiring more than 50,000 seasonal and full-time retail associates, building on the more than 90,000 associates hired into permanent roles over the past year. Job seekers can visit jobs.lowes.com/spring or text "JOBS" to LOWES (56937) to learn about nearby opportunities and apply.

Will Lowes pay its employees for the lost shifts? It sounds good to be off an extra day but for some it might be hard to loose a days pay.

Posts: 5419 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are not religious people, but we both think this move by Lowe's is a good thing and hope others will follow.

TBH: I'd like to see everything, save "critical" businesses, closed on major holidays.

quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

I remember them, but I think they were largely no longer in effect in my area--at least by the time I was old enough to have paid attention.

There is a village in New Jersey, Ocean Grove, that, at least as of the early 70's, literally closed its gates on Sunday. No stores were allowed to be open. People were not allowed to mow their lawns. Men were not allowed to go shirtless.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Will Lowes pay its employees for the lost shifts? It sounds good to be off an extra day but for some it might be hard to loose a days pay.

Reading is Fundamental... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8910 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post