SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Barn cat - 1 Dog - 0
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barn cat - 1 Dog - 0 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Damn dog is standing in the yard, behind a fence, 100' from the barn, barking her head off.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
named barn cat 1, 2 and 3

When we adopted Willy and Chauncey, we did not name them right away.
We took them to the vets office for their shots and they were entered as #1 and #2.

Our pup Charlie gets beat up sometimes by our more recent rescues Emma and Abby. They are declawed so no blood is drawn.

It is quite impressive how fast the kitties can lay down a smack-down on the pup.

Smile

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid, the neighbor across the street had a huge, German trained, German Shepherd. Our cat would sit outside on the windowsill of their kitchen window. While the dog went nuts inside trying to get out, the cat would very leisurely preen and clean himself.

Cats are evil.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Our big male cat has CHASED foxes, several times. He also has held his own against a black lab and a very tough Rottweiler. Apparently getting deep scratches on ones tender dog nose is a good deterrent.

Imagine what a bobcat, lynx or a leopard could do if cornered?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
named barn cat 1, 2 and 3

When we adopted Willy and Chauncey, we did not name them right away.
We took them to the vets office for their shots and they were entered as #1 and #2.

Our pup Charlie gets beat up sometimes by our more recent rescues Emma and Abby. They are declawed so no blood is drawn.

It is quite impressive how fast the kitties can lay down a smack-down on the pup.

Smile

Doesn't matter what you name them, they don't pay attention.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Most dogs can be cowed by any cat. A cat is mentally tougher than a dog.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
One time my wife and I were in the back yard, not far from the patio, talking to a next door neighbour. He has a couple big-ish dogs, one a Pit Bull mix. My best buddy, Indy, who left us a few months ago, was out with us. (We only let the cats out with supervision.)

Well, the dog innocently wanders over from next door. Indy was having none of that. That was his yard, by God, and trespassing animals were Not Allowed!

He blew himself up to about 2-3 times his size (that was always an impressive thing to see) and took off after that dog. The dog started, the two of 'em ran a couple laps around the three of us, with my buddy close on the pit's tail, then the pit took off between the hedges with my buddy in hot pursuit.

We called out for our cat to stop and, knowing where his yard ended, damned if he didn't. Then walked back all proud of himself.

It was hilarious.

Wife says he once chased a couple deer out of the yard, too.

Same neighbour, different dog, different cat. The cat had been sitting out near the patio, minding her business, when the dog next door took a running start at her. (The hedges weren't there at the time.) Our cat just sat there, idly washing a paw as if nothing was going on. This confused the dog, because she stopped short. Our cat stopped washing her paw, put it down, stood up, arched her back and HISSSSED at the dog. Dog ran away yelping. Cat sat back down and resumed what she'd been doing.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post