SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Barn cat - 1 Dog - 0
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barn cat - 1 Dog - 0 Login/Join 
posted
We have 3 barn cats, named barn cat 1, 2 and 3. Their sole purpose is to patrol the barn and ridding it of vermin. Their less than svelte waists show they are successful.

Our larger dogs have been indoctrinated about the realm of the barn cats. I forgot our mini dachshund hadn't and took her to the barn today. The dog immediately took off after barn cat 2. #2 played the game for a couple of minutes, and then decided that training was in order.

She sat down and raised her right paw in the air and sat there like Mr. Mayagi. Dog came charging at her, pow, pow, pow. Right on the end of the nose. Dog came running to me, looking up and her eyes said "What just happened?"

Dog decided a flanking maneuver was her best option.

Didn't work.

Cat raised both front paws in the air and wore the dog out. "Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier".

Dog ran to the door and sat down and barked at me like "I'm ready to go".

Some things have to be learned, they can't be taught.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Smile Score one for the cat.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bleeding on her nose stopped. That's good. She's rubbing the cat stink off in the mud.

Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Did the doxie tell the larger dogs "hold my beer and watch this!" ? Big Grin

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Them barn cats are tough critters.

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Was the cat grinning the entire time?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
My cat used to live with a small poodle about 12 pounds. Dog was incessant about sniffing her butt, cat would run away every time. After a month of this happening 2-3 times a day, we came upon training day.

Cat was looking out the glass slider. up comes the dog. I see her ears go back but she doesn't move. She lets the poodle in really close to get a good whif, the wham, she does a 180 pins the dog on its back and puts her teeth to her throat for a quick nip, then slowly hops off and walks away.
Dog didn't move for 10 seconds, total shock.

And that was the last time suzi sniffed her knickers.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5178 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Farmer Ben down the road buys 4) spayed and neutered cats from the no kill shelter almost every 14 months.

he feeds them a little bit and keeps water out.

but they are barn cats , once the get to the farm

between the coyotes,the foxes, the eagles, hawks and bobcats, I can't believe they last 14 months

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
You Sir, should go into writing!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1864 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is there money in that?

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Farmer Ben down the road buys 4) spayed and neutered cats from the no kill shelter almost every 14 months.

he feeds them a little bit and keeps water out.

but they are barn cats , once the get to the farm

between the coyotes,the foxes, the eagles, hawks and bobcats, I can't believe they last 14 months

Each cat lasts an average of 3.5 months.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can not confirm that the other critters are getting them for meals, perhaps they just run off to better digs.

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
We have 3 barn cats, named barn cat 1, 2 and 3. Their sole purpose is to patrol the barn and ridding it of vermin. Their less than svelte waists show they are successful.

Our larger dogs have been indoctrinated about the realm of the barn cats. I forgot our mini dachshund hadn't and took her to the barn today. The dog immediately took off after barn cat 2. #2 played the game for a couple of minutes, and then decided that training was in order.

She sat down and raised her right paw in the air and sat there like Mr. Mayagi. Dog came charging at her, pow, pow, pow. Right on the end of the nose. Dog came running to me, looking up and her eyes said "What just happened?"

Didn't work.

Cat raised both front paws in the air and wore the dog out. "Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier".

Sounds like an opportunity to post a pic in the "Enough with the Dog Pictures" thread.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3794 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Too funny Wink

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
You Sir, should go into writing!
Bendable is SIGforum's Garrison Keiller

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Didn't work.

and during the fracas Barn Cats 1 and 3 were seen in the hayloft laughing uncontrollably!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6469 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:

Didn't work.

and during the fracas Barn Cats 1 and 3 were seen in the hayloft laughing uncontrollably!

They were in the loft, maybe laughing.

Started to name them A, B, C but the Jackson 5 song kept going in my head.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

How are big dogs are when it come to going in the barn.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid, training day involved one scratched cornea and a very expensive vet bill. Subsequently, the dog would back off his own food bowl and let the cat eat first, if the cat so desired.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post