SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pulse oximeters what to look for what to nix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pulse oximeters what to look for what to nix Login/Join 
posted
There are dozens out there.
Don't need a smart phone link setup.

Might spend as much as $60.00 if deemed
Important.
Thanks in advance

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
My wife bought this "ChoiceMMed" at Target for around $45.00 last December. It indicates O2 level and pulse. I like it. It is pretty much bare bones. Made in China tho...

Edit to add: It takes two AAA batteries.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chbibc,

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are mostly coming out of the same factory in China.

This is a popular brand.
https://www.amazon.com/Zacurat...d_i=B07PQ8WTC4&psc=1

Pay more and get it faster if you go to your local drug store.

They just house brand them. I got mine from CVS because I was in a hurry.

Just go by the features you want.

basic
has alarms and beeps with a heartbeat
phone integration.

Mine matches the hospital equipment for accuracy.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I haven't used the phone app but it seems to work well enough.
Wellue Pulse Oximeter Fingertip... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088...ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I bought a few from Amazon. I took each one to a doc appt to see how it compared to the “real” pulse-oximeter.
They all checked out fine.

What I learned to really pay attention to was the type of battery they used. One of them used a near impossible to find button type battery. The rest I have made sure used something common; AAA, AA, 2032, etc.)

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife is on o2 all the time, checks her o2 level frequently. This was recommended, andshe has been very happy with it. We have had a few duds in the past.

https://oxiline.shop/product/oxiline-pulse-pro/

Oxiline pulse 9 pro

NRA Endowment Member
USAF 1958-1970
Master Instructor 1969-1970
Georgia Gun Owners Member

Posts: 237 | Location: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: February 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
I have had others but the oxiline as noted by ch3 is the best I have had.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What batteries does the oxiline require?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
What batteries does the oxiline require?

Under the additional information tab

WEIGHT 0.2 lbs
MODEL NAME
Pulse 9 Pro™

PACKAGE CONTENTS
Pulse 9 Pro™, (2) AAA Batteries, User Manual.

SENSOR TYPE
VTEC™ A9 Sensor

DISPLAY TYPE
OLED Display

BATTERIES TYPE
(2) AAA Batteries

PROVIDES READINGS FOR
Oxygen saturation (SpO2), perfusion index (PI), heartbeats per minute (♥BPM)

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
Mine has a red display and I can't read it outside during the day especially if it's sunny. My next one will have a white display. The Oxline's display looks like it might be light enough to read outside.

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oxiline is having a Memorial Day sale till midnight EDT tonight. The Pulse 9 Pro is discounted $20.

Posts: 772 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Already noted: Many of the ultra-budget "brands" are the same basic unit from the same Chinese factory. Some can be OK, but be prepared to return/trade a few to find one that's reliable and accurate.

If it's reading 99%, then under the same conditions ten minutes later it's showing 74%, there's a problem. Option one is that it's the instrument, option two is that you're dead. I'm pretty sure it was the first, because I'm still here.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
If you need more than just a spot check like I did a few years back, take a look at Contec. Needed to monitor O2 levels while sleeping.
I've had their color pulse oximeter with recording capability for several years. Slips into PJ chest pocket. Finger sensor stays put at night too. Accurate and reliable.

Edited to add image

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NOCkid:
Oxiline is having a Memorial Day sale till midnight EDT tonight. The Pulse 9 Pro is discounted $20.

Looks like the sale has been extended to midnight tonight:

https://oxiline.shop/product/oxiline-pulse-pro/

Posts: 772 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Accuracy of the wrist units is poor, it requires close fixed contact to the skin in order to get accurate results. It's why hospitals rely on the finger tip readers.

BTW I have a Garmin 245 sports watch that features a wrist monitor and when my nephews wife (an RN studying for a LP) saw the reading for a nights sleep readings that were in the green for Garmin would have had her calling a code if she saw reading that low in a patient. If you don't believe what I am telling you ask your primary care physician what he thinks about the wrist monitors.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5652 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I work rural EMS in Alaska, I have 3 $20 pulse ox that we got from Walmart, they do what I need them to.

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post