SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple Music price bumped
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple Music price bumped Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I received an email notification this morning:
$99/year to $109/year as of July 2 (for me).

I think I’m going to cancel. Amazon Music will likely have a price bump too, but currently it’s only $79/year (for me). And I really like its “My Likes and More” playlist feature which Apple Music currently lacks.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9055 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Amazon Prime comes with access to their whole library but with some limits, replay, rewind, limited skips..... Use that occasionally, and Spotify free.

Posts: 23642 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Prices always go up so that is normal but the real issue is the service itself.
Lot of other great steaming services out there.
Never been an Apple fan (or customer in any way) but it's what works for you.
Compare and choose.

Posts: 22974 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm currently using Spotify but have been constantly considering returning to Pandora. With Spotify and Apple Music, most of the playlists are curated and hardly change. At least with Pandora, it was pretty random and I could always use the like/dislike function to manipulate the playlist.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18036 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Check with your cellphone carrier, as Apple Music might be a freebie with certain plans.

I have Verizon, and it is free for me, as well as Disney+.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2846 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I received an email notification this morning:
$99/year to $109/year as of July 2 (for me).

I think I’m going to cancel. Amazon Music will likely have a price bump too, but currently it’s only $79/year (for me). And I really like its “My Likes and More” playlist feature which Apple Music currently lacks.

Yep, just canceled my Amazon music unlimited. I hope they don't keep bugging me like AOL did.

Posts: 3540 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I have tried those platforms and Spotify, and settled on Spotify. I wish I could get to like Amazon Music since it's free, or a small premium over free for the paid subscription if you're already a Prime junkie (Which I am). I

Somehow with Apple, I have found every tech decisions they've made with media distribution to be designed to befuddle me. Their iTunes/Music platform makes my skin crawl. I'd rather do taxes than navigate that morass.

Posts: 11403 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I'm currently using Spotify but have been constantly considering returning to Pandora. With Spotify and Apple Music, most of the playlists are curated and hardly change. At least with Pandora, it was pretty random and I could always use the like/dislike function to manipulate the playlist.

The Discover Weekly playlist usually gets a winner or two added to be few main playlists that I use for running, or work.

Posts: 11403 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post