SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I signed up for a boar hunt
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I signed up for a boar hunt Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The helicopter hunt looks fun but I do not think that is what you were talking about. Kind of looks like be a Door gunner for a day.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I’ve shot three and each time used a .50 cal. round ball black powder rifle...lots of fun and was quite effective. the three I took were in the 200 lb. to 250 range.....my friends were using bow/arrow but I wasn’t that brave.. Big Grin

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I leave on a hunt this Sunday. This is Year 13! I use .308, .30-06, 12 gauge with 1 oz slug, .458 Socom, 45-70,44 mag, in the past. 45-70 and Shotty on this trip as we will be hunting heavily brush areas. More is better in thick areas, I have shot through brush many times with 45-70.......no problem

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^that chopper thing looks fun, but yeah we are only doing one boar each and not for pest control.

45-70 would be a fun gun in a lever action platform.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't use the 5.56 unless ear shot previously mentioned. I use my AR 10 .308 with 3x15 scope and it slams them to the ground stone dead with shoulder hits. It annilates them. It's listed in the classified ads if you or anyone is interested. Can't be the.308 caliber. Go get em.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I find .556/.223 is “light” unless you get an ear shot.That’s kind a hard to do when they boogie in about 25-30 miles an hour. Then there’s a lot of suffering and not a clean kill. Get a thumper enjoy the hunt!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post