SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Global warming is making winters colder
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global warming is making winters colder Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Libs will really lose their shit when they find out that magnetic north is moving.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Libs will really lose their shit when they find out that magnetic north is moving.

And they will blame Trump. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
It doesn't matter what the weather does, the Left will attach manmade (fill-in-the-blank) to it. The warming trend stopped around 1998 or so, which is why the Left went from the Global Warming mantra to Climate Change around 2000. Is it hot? Manmade Climate Change. Is it cold? Manmade Climate Change. Is there a drought? Is there too much rain? It's all because of manmade(Read "US made")Climate Change.

Coincidentally, the only solution is for the US to surrender all its wealth to third world countries.

Global Warming is not subject to being disproved. Any and all evidence is taken as confirmation. Hotter, colder, rainier, drier, hurricanes, no hurricanes, fewer polar bears, or more polar bears, it doesn't matter.

Thus it is not a scientific theory. Properly speaking it is a matter of faith. It is a religion.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The left is quite clever with this one. Love Canal. Cleaned up problem went away. Ozone hole. Ban CFC's and the problem went away. Acid rain. Regulate emissions and the problem went away. The biggest problem for the left is that they keep losing problems. In the smoke filled back rooms the left was thinking we need a problem that never goes away. Hence, the torturous quasi-logic of global warming was born.

Posts: 7527 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, not "Global Warming." The libs, being ever so competent with language, messaging, culture war etc. (I'm being serious, it is where they excel and conservatives should be learning from them), they switched it to "Climate Change" a few years back.

As soon as they did that, I smirked and gave a reluctant tip 'o the hat. Well played...

Now they can point to any "change" and say it was man-made (prove it isn't science-denier!)

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
It doesn't matter what the weather does, the Left will attach manmade (fill-in-the-blank) to it. The warming trend stopped around 1998 or so, which is why the Left went from the Global Warming mantra to Climate Change around 2000. Is it hot? Manmade Climate Change. Is it cold? Manmade Climate Change. Is there a drought? Is there too much rain? It's all because of manmade(Read "US made")Climate Change.

Coincidentally, the only solution is for the US to surrender all its wealth to third world countries.

Tiger, this shit actually began as "global cooling." Robert Redford, in his prime, cried and exclaimed, "If something isn't done about global cooling, the oceans will all be dead by the year 2000!"

Then they had to change it to "global warming."

Now, it's "climate change."

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Probably the best explanation of extinction I have ever heard !!! Miss this guy - saw him live in Hampton NH twice.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

...Thus it is not a scientific theory. Properly speaking it is a matter of faith. It is a religion.

Yes, they remind me of witch doctors in primitive pagan cultures. Can't wait for them to do rain dances.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
Tiger, this shit actually began as "global cooling."...

I remember that. In the 1970s, several "environmentally aware" companies that manufactured aerosol products made a huge deal of discontinuing the use of CFCs because they were helping to bring on a manmade ice age. In the 1980s, those same gases were making holes in the ozone layer and burning us all alive with the sun's radiation.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post