SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Double milestone day on the Forum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double milestone day on the Forum Login/Join 
Picture of Green Highlander
posted
Kind of hard to believe but these both snuck up on me. Today I hit my 2000th post. I knew I was getting close but when I looked to check my post count, I saw that today is also my 10th anniversary on SF.

So just a huge thank you to Para and the SF community as a whole. You all have made this one of the best places to be on the web. The humanity, kindness, generosity, breadth of knowledge and overall fellowship is unrivaled. As a telecommuter for the past 15 years there has been no such thing as water cooler talk and casual office banter. This has become that place for me. It has been a place to share the good and hard times and has comforted me through a few medical misadventures.

It has also cost me a lot of money Big Grin. I came here while doing research on the Sig 522 and only owning a P229. Now I am on first name basis with some folks at the Pro Shop and quickly change the subject when Mrs. Highlander asks about how many Sigs are in the safe. And don't get me started on the growing watch obsession.

Anyway, thanks for a great 10 years and I look forward to many more. A karma will be forthcoming as soon as I figure out what I want it to be.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats GH. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Well, it's 10 year CUT time! Congratulations!

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Well done.

Maybe you can celebrate with a nice cigar and a glass of good Scotch. If you’re new to either, this is also a good place to get some recommendations ($$ Big Grin )

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Congrats. Well done.

Maybe you can celebrate with a nice cigar and a glass of good Scotch. If you’re new to either, this is also a good place to get some recommendations ($$ Big Grin )

I've got the scotch covered. Ardbeg and Laphroig are my usual but for special occasions like this I reach for the bottle of Dewars. Don't shake your head, this is not just any bottle of Dewars. It's from one of the cases my grandfather used to stock his bomb shelter in the '50s. Completely different than the current issue.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:

I've got the scotch covered. Ardbeg and Laphroig are my usual but for special occasions like this I reach for the bottle of Dewars. Don't shake your head, this is not just any bottle of Dewars. It's from one of the cases my grandfather used to stock his bomb shelter in the '50s. Completely different than the current issue.

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Enjoy!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post