SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dust port adapter?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dust port adapter? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Looking for a quick detach solution for hooking my shop vac to my router table. Found a reducer at a box store but it’s flimsy plastic crap and costs $12. Was thinking of using a 2.5” PVC elbow so that I can keep the table closer to the wall and then rigging up a connection to that.

Considerations:
I have space but not so much that I can get sloppy with how I use it.

I’m only running the router table a few minutes here or there so a large expensive/intricate dust collection system would be overkill (at this time).

Thanks again guys!

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Don't know what size ends you need, but as an example ... what about a fitting like this ?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Fernc...C-Fitting/1000075331

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Good lord I never even thought about one of those. That’s why I ask here! Dust port on the table is 2.5” and the shop vac (I think) is a 1.5”.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I only thought of this from having used one a couple months ago.

This one may work ...

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Fernc...C-Fitting/1000075363

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Good lord I never even thought about one of those.

Ha! Those had never occurred to me, either! Thanks, old dino!

quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
That’s why I ask here!

It nearly always pays to ask the SF Oracle Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Magport may have something that will do ya, if not, Rockler has a pretty good array of fittings.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Magport may have something that will do ya, if not, Rockler has a pretty good array of fittings.

+1 for Rockler.

https://www.rockler.com/power-...-collection-fittings

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's one. Link

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 3d printer & 5 minutes of CAD time & I've got whatever vac adapters I need.
But you wanted a cheap solution....

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a PVC union like this one would work.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Charl...-PVC-Fitting/3695986

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Woodcraft sells some decent dust collection supplies.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post