SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gutter guards and fir needles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gutter guards and fir needles Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
Does any style gutter guard work when the primary problem is fir needles and those small fir cones?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the same problems in central Texas with Juniper trees, referred to as Cedar. The fir type leaves are composed of small pieces that clog gutter guard inlets.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anglertoo
posted Hide Post
I've had the ORIGINAL 'Leaf Filter' for 8 years with no problems here in the North East. (These are the original all stainless, before going to plastic supports).
Even sheds the fine shingle sand.
So far so good.

“To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage”. Confucius

Posts: 177 | Location: North Central Connecticut | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
If you go with Leaf Filter brand, see my thread below. It may save you at ton of money. But from my research these are the best ones out there.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/2100081394

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post