SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Savior Equipment or GPS Backpacks and Rifle cases
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savior Equipment or GPS Backpacks and Rifle cases Login/Join 
posted
Since I moved to Virginia I have a lot more opportunities to shoot, I got a membership to a super nice shooting range in Manassas where they don't tell at me for shooting too fast!

Anyway, I need to beef up my range bag and rifle cases, anybody try out Savior Equipment or GPS Backpacks or their cases??

https://www.amazon.com/Savior-...ctical/dp/B07FFSBJ7M

https://www.amazon.com/Savior-...ckpack/dp/B07F9M8GH8

https://www.amazon.com/G-P-S-3...ckpack/dp/B00DECLNCK

I'd also be happy to take any other recommendations.

Thanks!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I bought 5 of the GPS 8-AR-magazine totes and 7 of the GPS 10-pistol-magazine totes a couple of years ago.

They are poorly stitched but made from decent materials. Fairly typical for cheap stuff I assume is made in China.

There are much higher quality magazine totes available but I wanted to buy a bunch so I could put pretty much all my AR and pistol mags in totes at once for storage.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the commonwealth. I hope it stays gun friendly for you.

I am one of the original members at your range. Headed up there today to hang out with some buddies that work there and get a flash hider put on my Aug

If you don’t know already, Robb Jensen there at elite is a tremendous resource. Not just as an armorer, but as a fount of knowledge. Chances are, if you’ve thought it, Robb has done it. I’ve been fortunate to know him for 15 years or so now. I used to work at the old Virginia Arms nearly a decade ago when Bernie still owned it. Not the shit show it has become now.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Take a look at MidwayUSA's range bags.
Competition Range bag

I use the above bag (along with a lot of guys at my gun club) with the MidwayUSA Tactical Pistol Case. You can fit about four or five of the pistol cases into the range bag. This allows me to carry my magazines in the same case as the pistol.

During a match, it easy to just yank one particular case out of the range bag and take it up to the firing line.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
The SERT TCC cases are the best that I have found in terms of quality, design, and durability. I have several of them in multiple sizes and every one has been excellent. In my experience they are worth it over the cheaper stuff that you can find on Amazon.

https://sert.us/collections/ri...ariant=6237921804331

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+++ on the Midway bags. And they are often on sale.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Welcome to the commonwealth. I hope it stays gun friendly for you.

I am one of the original members at your range. Headed up there today to hang out with some buddies that work there and get a flash hider put on my Aug

If you don’t know already, Robb Jensen there at elite is a tremendous resource. Not just as an armorer, but as a fount of knowledge. Chances are, if you’ve thought it, Robb has done it. I’ve been fortunate to know him for 15 years or so now. I used to work at the old Virginia Arms nearly a decade ago when Bernie still owned it. Not the shit show it has become now.

Nice! I've only been to ESS twice but am so far really enjoying the range. A lot of NoVA people think it's very liberal but it's nothing compared to Seattle. I'm very happy so far with having moved to Loudoun County, feels super conservative here compared to what I'm used to.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:
Take a look at MidwayUSA's range bags.
Competition Range bag

I use the above bag (along with a lot of guys at my gun club) with the MidwayUSA Tactical Pistol Case. You can fit about four or five of the pistol cases into the range bag. This allows me to carry my magazines in the same case as the pistol.

During a match, it easy to just yank one particular case out of the range bag and take it up to the firing line.

Yeah I'm actually looking at replacing my Midway bag, it's falling apart and I'm interested in trying out a backpack style range bag. That competition range bag lasted me about 10 years but I think the gravel pits and woods I used to go shooting in wore down on it.

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have the GPS backpack for handguns and it seems well thought out. I don't use it a lot going to the range so I can't speak to durability but it is very user friendly

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post