SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tabs Said She Got Me Something At An Estate Sale
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tabs Said She Got Me Something At An Estate Sale Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
She loves to go to estate sales and yard sales on Fridays and gets there early. There's usually a line of resellers there so it's difficult to get really good things.

Well it was raining yesterday and she was pretty much the only one there first.

They had shotgun reloading supplies and she only managed to grab a single item.

She said she had seen a bottle like this in our reloading room and made them an offer.

FIVE DOLLARS! It's FULL!!!!!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34140 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that's a bargain!

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Wow! Amazing deal!! Big Grin

Isn’t that about $200 at the fun store?

Posts: 45394 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Now that's what you call a good score.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1490 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Superb!

Posts: 26943 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Wow! Amazing deal!! Big Grin

Isn’t that about $200 at the fun store?

Yeah - that is a fantastic deal!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Smart woman! What a score!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Is that the 8 pounder?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24177 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that is an 8 pounder you can probably get 400 dollars or a bit more for it on Gunbroker. Clays is currently out of production for 3 years (or more) and pretty much unobtainium. I've basically stopped shooting the 12 gauge mainly for two reasons, it's gotten pretty expensive to load and I want to stretch my remaining bottle of Clays as far as possible.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Clays is currently out of production for 3 years (or more) and pretty much unobtainium. I've basically stopped shooting the 12 gauge

I also like the IMR 700X HI-SKOR SHOTGUN powder.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24177 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
That's all I use in .45ACP the last few years.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a real gonga!!

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
And I'm sure a nice dinner out for her was in order. That was quite a find.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1868 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I took her out to our local catfish eatery.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34140 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post