SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jerry Seinfeld's Commencement Speech at Duke University
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jerry Seinfeld's Commencement Speech at Duke University Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
I barely remember mine. These kids got a good one in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/aliamjadri.../1789746629458682096

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30754 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
volume was to low to be able to listen to it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19521 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was excellent advice for the graduates. And not boring.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 540 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Did students really walk out or did they just need to use the restroom? I must have missed the offensive part/parts.

Really good speech though. I’m going to have my kids watch it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 11351 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
They weren't offended by what he was saying. They were offended because he was Jewish.

Posts: 3442 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Did students really walk out or did they just need to use the restroom? I must have missed the offensive part/parts.

I believe they left before he ever began speaking. Their loss.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30754 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
volume was to low to be able to listen to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76QV2SrSqgo

Posts: 790 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe they left before he ever began speaking. Their loss.

Yes, their loss. Jerry Seinfeld is awesome.
But this shows the anti-woke movement to restore sanity is alive and well. It just doesn't get all the attention.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24405 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What he said had nothing to do with what the walkers chose to do.

They had their minds made up the night before.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55012 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^^That seems to be the case. The anti-Israel folks that walked out folks had premade signs and cap decorations. I’ll bet they don’t refuse their diplomas and degrees though.

Posts: 11351 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That was probably the best video I’ll watch today.

Posts: 27078 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly - not - the people that are supposed to be ‘educated’ and open minded and curious seem to be the most bigoted, least informed and most intolerant in this country.

Now that they’ve got a massive student debt I hope they have a brutal time finding a job but Starbucks and Walmart are always hiring.

It’s almost like they didn’t learn a damned thing.

Posts: 53579 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic speech!!!

Posts: 860 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Surprisingly - not - the people that are supposed to be ‘educated’ and open minded and curious seem to be the most bigoted, least informed and most intolerant in this country.

The further down this hyper-sensitivity, MUST over-react to EVERY perceived slight road we take, the more it exposes these people that they are truly fools who've bought into and subscribed to this religion of intolerance.

There was but a small handful of students who walked-out, video shows what you could assume are a couple of people getting up to going to the bathroom or get a refreshment, yet the media chose to focus on their actions rather than the speaker. Another example of the willful media stoking the flames of divisiveness by creating a bigger story than it truly is.

Posts: 14936 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
These snowflakes are angry that Jerry Seinfeld called them out last week and said that Seinfeld could never be made in 2024 and this younger generation killed comedy as we knew it because of wokeness and they ironically proved him right.

Posts: 34268 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
One might consider that the younger generation didn't kill it per se - it was largely the weak minded people in charge in large corporations and public office.

Everybody should have just let the little idiots whine and cry. Instead, those in charge bent to their will. Sure, there are those in charge that have the same leanings as the little idiots. But a lot of those in charge just bent over.

EVERYBODY needs to ignore these little idiots from now and ever more. Let them cry and sulk in some corner of the world where the rest of us can just forget about them.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12971 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They should revoke their diplomas.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34280 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I hope at least some of those students re-cultivate a sense of humor; it appears to be missing from America’s (the Western World’s) college campuses. I have heard more than a few comedians say they won’t even play colleges anymore. As Seinfeld stated, a sense of humor is necessary to get through life.

Posts: 13455 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I hope at least some of those students re-cultivate a sense of humor; it appears to be missing from America’s (the Western World’s) college campuses. I have heard more than a few comedians say they won’t even play colleges anymore. As Seinfeld stated, a sense of humor is necessary to get through life.

A sense of humor requires a certain level of intellect. I don't see that with the anti (cause dujour) crowd.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10782 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28334 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post