SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jerry Seinfeld's Commencement Speech at Duke University
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jerry Seinfeld's Commencement Speech at Duke University Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
It really was a great message. He did a great job.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3627 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I hope at least some of those students re-cultivate a sense of humor; it appears to be missing from America’s (the Western World’s) college campuses. I have heard more than a few comedians say they won’t even play colleges anymore. As Seinfeld stated, a sense of humor is necessary to get through life.

A sense of humor requires a certain level of intellect. I don't see that with the anti (cause dujour) crowd.

Bingo right there. People who can laugh at themselves, and others more pitifully human than themselves, absolutely belong to that group. A version of the Dunning–Kruger effect for humor perhaps.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8834 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
So 40 people out of 22,000 walk out? Why was this even on the news? Stop covering these whiny little bitches.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5705 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post