SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First day of Chemo today Update
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First day of Chemo today Update Login/Join 
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted
I can't wait to see what this adventure will bring :-/

I have very hard to find veins. Concequently the went in my hand. Bad idea...

When I left the pain was about level 9. It's getting better by the day, but not right yet.

I will be getting a port before the next treatment.
No other issues at all though. :-)

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rbert0005,

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Good luck, you’ve got this!

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Hang in there and I hope it is effective for you. I went through 6 courses over 6 weeks a little over a year ago, today I barely remember it. Stay hydrated and on the anti-nausea meds.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Hang in there Amigo Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Good luck and hope that the treatments knock out what they are meant to and that they arent to hard on your system.

Posts: 18033 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
The very best of luck for you.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come back often and let us know. Wishing you a fast recovery.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Best wishes and prayers for complete recovery as you go through your treatment.

Michael

Posts: 1100 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I wish you well, stay strong, you've got this.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jman78
posted Hide Post
Good luck and stay strong!

Posts: 178 | Location: St. Petersburg FLorida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you and praying for good results.

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Been there, done that myself 3 years ago. It's not fun but with a positive outcome you'll forget it in short order.

Good luck with your fight.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
While no picnic, my chemo treatments were not as bad as I had feared. I'll bet yours won't be either. Hang in there!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went through 5 monthly rounds of chemo for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia last year. So far the CLL seems to be dormant. Best of luck and you are in my prayers.

Posts: 1201 | Location: NC | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
hang in there

you'll do fine

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you. Keep your head up.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stay strong and kick some ass.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you. Stay positive & keep busy.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you. I lost the winter months with surgery and radiation, I know piss all about chemo but when I made a comment to a tech about the miseries I was enduring her comment was, 'better than a coffin'. While I question her bed side manner, or table-side in my case, I don't question the truth of it.
Stay strong, my man.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good snacks always in the Chemo room. Develop a good relationship with your Chemo nurse.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post