SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Amsoil Preferred Customers???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Amsoil Preferred Customers??? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Going to sign up and I see they have a referral program.

Figured I would see if I could get somebody some points by signing up.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25431 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I'm an Independent Dealer. My dealer number is #511343. You can contact me if you have any questions.

Posts: 2223 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I am a preferred customer and use a lot of Amsoil products. Their glass cleaner is the best I have ever used.

Posts: 3232 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ptruck:
I'm an Independent Dealer. My dealer number is #511343. You can contact me if you have any questions.

Tried to do an order today and it would give me the preferred customer price but kept wanting to charge me for shipping.

I was only able to try on my phone so I’ll try on a computer when I get a chance.

————————————————

Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
In the past, AMSOIL has always charged for shipping. It's just been in the past year that they've been doing promos for shipping. Right now there's free shipping on orders more than $100, or use a promo code for $5 on shipping

Posts: 2223 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ptruck:
In the past, AMSOIL has always charged for shipping. It's just been in the past year that they've been doing promos for shipping. Right now there's free shipping on orders more than $100, or use a promo code for $5 on shipping

I see that now. My phone was cutting off the portion that said over $100.

————————————————

The Constable
posted Hide Post
Pyramid scheme it appears to me.

Can it be proven that Amsoil lubricants are THAT much better than Say Mobil 1 ? They certainly have a premium price.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

Can it be proven that Amsoil lubricants are THAT much better than Say Mobil 1 ? They certainly have a premium price.

I have run nothing but Amsoil in my transfer cases and differentials since 2006 and I can without a doubt tell you they run smoother and quieter than factory fluid.
Compared to Mobil1 I can’t say as I have only used 0w20 Mobil 1 for a couple of motors.
This will be the 1st time I have used their engine oil but their OE oil is not really anymore expensive than Mobil1 if you are a preferred customer.
If you use the Signature oil it is silly expensive but I change at 5k and won’t be using that.
They also don’t make a Transfer Case fluid for the 14+ Tundra so I will be using the factory fluid that generally runs $65-$85 a liter. I got mine for $55 each.

No pyramid scheme at all. Just a referral incentive program that tons of other companies do. No need to have people selling under you.

————————————————

Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Where are you getting your info? Amsoil preferred customer is $10 for 6 months. Mobile 1 and Amsoil Sig Series is the same price. Their OE oil is as cheap as the Amazon Synthetic.

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I see now its a referral sort of deal....OK.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is not true at all. I’ve run their oils, transfer case fluid, ATF, gear oil, name it, in everything from cars, trucks, motorcycles, and even my lawn equipment for over 20 years. I’ve run many a lab report on past vehicles. The best personal story I have is with my 2008 Subaru STI. It was staged 2 tuned by Cobb with all the regular bolt ons. I’ve always done UOA’s with Blackstone Labs. It was amazing to change oil in that car at 8000 mile intervals only to have Blackstone tell me the Amsoil was holding up just fine and I changed it to early. Notes would say “Go to 10,000 miles next time” which I did, then it was 12,000 mile intervals. They car was not driven lightly by any means. It was used as intended. I ran their fluids in my diffs as well. Best oil on the market as far as I’m concerned. I did the UOA’s to prove it to myself. My motorcycles are very high HP/TQ and only ridden aggressively in the twisties or the track. I change the oil in them once every 18-24 months depending on mileage. With Amsoil anything sooner is just wasting my money.

I’m about to re-up my Preferred membership and get all the stock, crap fluid out of my new Ridgeline and switch every oil and gear oil over to Amsoil. I’ll run the lab reports per my usual as a base. If someone has the time, you should read up on the truckers running Amsoil and using bypass oil filters. The OCI’s are absolutely ridiculous. You can read all the UOA’s you want on bob is the oil guy forum. People post a shit ton of them. I do not care what anyone says about oil, it’s all feels good nonsense. Post what kind of oil you are using, the intervals, and your UOA’s. UOA’s are the only indicator of quality and longevity. Everything else is old wives tales.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12645 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D4Heavy:
quote:

Where are you getting your info? Amsoil preferred customer is $10 for 6 months. Mobile 1 and Amsoil Sig Series is the same price. Their OE oil is as cheap as the Amazon Synthetic.

I can get Mobil1 for $5 a Quart (5 quart just at Walmart) Cheapest I can find Signiature series is $10 a quart (1 gallon jug from Amsoil with preferred customer discount).

I can get their OE oil for the same as Mobil1

————————————————

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

The only thing that can be proven to be that much better is the Mobil marketing department. Factory fill in many high exposure cars so people take that as it being the best. Just them being factory fill on the Corvette, I'm sure, has garnered them very many customers if you were to check out the boards related to the Corvette.

Many years ago, I did a "test" of various oils against heat. Wasn't very scientific, I baked the oils in a grill in cupcake trays to see what the heat did to the oils and which oils burned off quicker and eventually caught fire. Couple of things I recall was that Amsoil lasted the longest and Royal Purple and Mobil were among the first oils to burn off.

I compare it to Glock marketing. You see a lot of LE departments use it because they practically give the guns away to the departments. People see the cops use Glock and have the mentality "they use it so it must be the best..." Can anyone prove a Glock is that much better than a Sig, HK, SA, etc.?

Posts: 13132 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

I can get Mobil1 for $5 a Quart (5 quart just at Walmart) Cheapest I can find Signiature series is $10 a quart (1 gallon jug from Amsoil with preferred customer discount).

I can get their OE oil for the same as Mobil1

Gotcha. I don’t shop at Walmart so didn’t know Mobile 1 is cheaper there. Mobile 1 on Amazon is $40ish for 5 quarts.

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post