SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Careful on I-95 N & S between VA and SC, especially truckers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Careful on I-95 N & S between VA and SC, especially truckers Login/Join 
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I've always hated driving I-95 from SC to VA and other destinations north.

To avoid DC, MD, and most of NJ...I-77 to I-81 to all other points north. I'll skirt NJ and drive the speed limit in NY...

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
One thing you have to be aware of in NC is that the troopers will pull over on the shoulder and raise their trunk lids. By the time drivers realize that it's a trooper it's too late.

Are they embarrassed that they’re a trooper? Why else would they try to hide and disguise themselves.

Posts: 53195 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:
One thing you have to be aware of in NC is that the troopers will pull over on the shoulder and raise their trunk lids. By the time drivers realize that it's a trooper it's too late.

Are they embarrassed that they’re a trooper? Why else would they try to hide and disguise themselves.

Entrapment. Without "entrapping" you.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’ve lived in NC for the past 28 years, driven thousands upon thousands of highway miles throughout the state, and have never seen this occur. Not once.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6734 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Directed enforcement by wolfpack is typically in response to some crash/injury/fatality trend. Truckers hogging the left lane in response to fuel costs may be an issue as well. You don't put that kind of manpower on the street unless there is a problem.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post