SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Careful on I-95 N & S between VA and SC, especially truckers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Careful on I-95 N & S between VA and SC, especially truckers Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted
Heading down to Florida to pick up a bike I bought. The police presence is staggering. 3,4, & 5 trucks pulled over at a time, for what, I don’t know. At least 40 so far, heaviest was around the Fort Bragg exits in NC but SC is pulling them over too.

Just thought I’d pass it on in case we have folks on the road today

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Is that DOT enforcement or state troopers?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6187 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dog-gone it, now I’m thinking of going to Myrtle.

I miss the Carolinas.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Waze always does a pretty good job for me to spot police on highways.

But last time I drove through SC traffic was so bad between Florence and Ridgeland theres no way I could have exceeded the speed limit even if Id wanted to (and I always want to...)

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I've seen some videos on Youtube about truckers lately. In addition to fuel prices shutting trucks down, apparently the government is really stepping up enforcement on emissions and paperwork related issues. It's almost as if the government wants as few trucks running as possible.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15689 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
When we go to our place on the Lower Potomac, I refuse to drive on rte 95, either north or south. Truckers homestead both lanes. Not quite so bad when they try to do the speed limit, which is danged seldom. We take Route 1 to Fredericksburg and then Rt. 3 east to where we want to go.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
traveled 95 this weekend, from Dumfries to RVA,
did see a few, but they were not pulling people,

traffic going up was running 80+.
on the way back Sun PM, it was 80 or 55,, depending the traffic level South bound, looked to be stop and go most on the North bound lanes

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
One thing you have to be aware of in NC is that the troopers will pull over on the shoulder and raise their trunk lids. By the time drivers realize that it's a trooper it's too late.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1854 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Just got a chance to look at the forum again. This was all state police. The only thing I saw pulled over today were tractor trailers. It was insane. At one spot in SC there were 5 trooper vehicles staging to deploy Northbound and Southbound. All in, well over 60 tractor trailers pulled over by NC, SC, and GA state police. Once past Brunswick, GA we didn’t see too much activity other than the occasional lone state trooper. The others were all in even numbered pairs and each had their own semi pulled over. Never seen anything like it. Very coordinated!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I read the following from the FB page of the South Carolina Department of Public Safety
on Tuesday;

Motorists driving along Interstate 85 and Interstate 95 may notice increased enforcement June 21-23 by State Transport Police officers as part of the SafeDRIVE initiative to reduce commercial motor vehicle collisions. During the three-day push, officers will be identifying and enforcing violations that lead to collisions, including distracted, reckless, impaired or aggressive driving, and vehicles with defective equipment. The multi-state initiative typically runs four waves ...

the link below is the FB post they put on the scdps.gov website where you can see the whole article. Not much more to read. Some stats, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/scdps...osts/407625234731403

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I just got in the door after driving up to Charlotte yesterday and back from Charlotte today and noticed the same thing.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9671 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Pay backs for the beltway protest I suspect.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
One thing you have to be aware of in NC is that the troopers will pull over on the shoulder and raise their trunk lids. By the time drivers realize that it's a trooper it's too late.

Come on troopers, that ain’t fair! Close those trunks, hoods & let us get “back to green flag racin’!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
quote:

Come on troopers, that ain’t fair! Close those trunks, hoods & let us get “back to green flag racin’!

When the trooper hits the gas the trunk lid closes on it's own.

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Is that DOT enforcement or state troopers?

In Ohio DOT are State Troopers. I got pulled over many of times. never had a bad experiance. very polite. I asked why I got pulled over so often,
They need so many Hazmat inspections per week or month. Got to know a couple on a first name basis.

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:
Motorists driving along Interstate 85 and Interstate 95 may notice increased enforcement June 21-23 by State Transport Police officers as part of the SafeDRIVE initiative to reduce commercial motor vehicle collisions.

Makes sense. Thanks for helping me out on that one. Still crazy seeing it all unfold

posted Hide Post
I saw 5-6 troopers this morning just on the small section from Rocky Mount to Roanoke Rapids this morning. Only one had someone pulled over.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've never seen this and drive 50,000 miles/year in NC, but am not on the eastern side or near I95.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
I've never seen this and drive 50,000 miles/year in NC, but am not on the eastern side or near I95.

I noticed more troopers on the eastern side of NC. I just figured they are partial to Eastern Style…Not Lexington Style BBQ. I like both.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is this for? Do they then light up people for not moving over or something?

I make occasional excursions to NC, mostly to the Asheville area, one trip to the Outer Banks in 2011 (but have not been on I-95), and rarely even see cops. But I also keep my car in working order and don't drive stupid.

Posts: 27816 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post