SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bad Santa Experience Fixed by NRA and Hasbro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad Santa Experience Fixed by NRA and Hasbro Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
Feel good story about the NRA and Hasbro (maker of Nerf) stepping up to redeem one kids' Christmas.

I've been as critical as anybody in the past 18 months about the NRA. With that being said, good is good and I'm asking every to not turn this into a crap on the NRA thread.
quote:
Child left in tears after mall Santa said no to Nerf guns is flooded with the toys, including from the NRA

A boy who was left in tears after a mall Santa said he wouldn't bring him a Nerf gun has since been flooded with the toys.

Video of the exchange went viral last week.

In response, the mall and the National Rifle Association have sent different Santas out to the house to gift the child Nerf guns. Hasbro, the Nerf toymaker, also sent the boy blasters, and the family has received many more toys they plan to give out.

In the video, 4-year-old Michael DeCarlo told a Santa at an Illinois mall that he wants a Nerf gun for Christmas.

"Nope. No guns," the Santa responded. Michael's mom, Sabella DeCarlo, stepped in and told the Santa the boy said "Nerf gun," thinking he had misheard her son, but the Santa still said no guns.

"Nope, not even a Nerf gun," the Santa responded, saying the boy's dad could get it for him and offered to bring other toys. Michael soon burst into tears.

In a subsequent interview with Fox News, his mother said she was "in shock" at Santa's response. "I thought he was joking. I thought he heard just 'gun,'" she said.

"I know for some parents they don't allow Nerf guns into their homes. It's a personal choice," Sabella DeCarlo told the network, adding that, "It's not his job to tell my son, 'No.' It's my job to tell my son, 'No.'"

The mall, Harlem Irving Plaza in Norridge, Illinois, responded by saying the Santa who denied the boy the toy had "turned in his resignation" and sent out another Santa to the DeCarlos to give the child his gift.

"We are happy to report that the “real” Santa visited the boy at his home today to bring him a nerf gun! We hope we restored Christmas magic to this boy and his family with Santa’s special visit," the mall wrote in a Facebook post, sharing video of the exchange.

In the video, the boy appears shocked as he opens the gift. "This is crazy, this thing," Michael exclaimed as he opened his new toy, ripping off the wrapping paper then immediately tearing into the cardboard box.

The Fox News hosts during their interview with the family also read a statement from toy company Hasbro, saying it was sending the child a care package of Nerf toys.

The National Rifle Association also posted a video on social media of another Santa arriving at the DeCarlos home to give the child both a nerf gun and NRA apparel.

"NRA Life Member" a vest gifted to the child said. The video also shows the many boxes of Nerf guns the family said they had since received.

Holding a large Nerf gun, Michael added, "Mean Santa won't be happy I have this."

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for both of them! If that was my kid, and I was there and Commie fucking Santa said that to my kid, I might have gone to jail after I broke his fucking jaw!

What kind of fucking commie idiot would do that to a kid? I'm trying to be Christian, in the name of the Season, but fuck that asshole Santa! That's as nice as I can get.

I'm really tired of these assholes!

ARman

Posts: 3157 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Nice. That pinko, commie Santa helped make another NRA Life Member. Brillant!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I'd better get my copy of Christmas Story on DVD before it gets purged from all streaming services. We can't have society promoting such dangerous weapons such as an "OFFICIAL RED RYDER CARBINE-ACTION TWO-HUNDRED-SHOT RANGE MODEL AIR RIFLE!!" Come to think of it, Santa also screwed Ralphie. "You'll shoot your eye out." Clearly, Santa is never the solution.

It's sad that humorous satire has become reality. I'm glad the kid got his gun.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
What an asshole, glad the little guy got his guns. Looks like we need a warning at these kind of events. WARNING to
parents Santa may be a fuckin commie antigun asshole.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9370 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
"Mean Santa won't be happy I have this!"

That's how a 4 year old says "FUCK YOU SPARKY!"

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Geez I hate liberals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

I think that's going to be my Skype quote thing for a couple of weeks. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13521 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

I think that's going to be my Skype quote thing for a couple of weeks. Cool
Heck, I'm going to say that every time I buy myself a Christmas present this year.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All play Santa’s should have to pass a sanity test.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I'd better get my copy of Christmas Story on DVD before it gets purged from all streaming services. We can't have society promoting such dangerous weapons such as an "OFFICIAL RED RYDER CARBINE-ACTION TWO-HUNDRED-SHOT RANGE MODEL AIR RIFLE!!" Come to think of it, Santa also screwed Ralphie. "You'll shoot your eye out." Clearly, Santa is never the solution.

It's sad that humorous satire has become reality. I'm glad the kid got his gun.
. We have a copy never been run,will pass it on to our children to run in the dark of their homes decades after the libs have outlawed anything connected with guns.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post