SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I walked outside to smoke.... and then ran, screaming inside like a little girl.... at this "cat" with a white stripe on its back...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I walked outside to smoke.... and then ran, screaming inside like a little girl.... at this "cat" with a white stripe on its back... Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted
They have those here. Either I just missed Pepe Le Pew.... or a fuel up cat....

SOOOOOOO glad my dogs are with her right now.... damn.....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
My neighbor has two of them. Freaks me out everytime I step out, especially because I can't sleep often times and will do so at 3AM when they are active. One lives under his shed, the other under his patio.

If you don't make noise or approach them, they ignore you. I use to react the same as you, now they are more like stray cats. I just hope I never startle one of them.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Well if my dogs were here this wouldn't happen. Other than that I am not gonna mess with them!!!!

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Well if my dogs were here this wouldn't happen. Other than that I am not gonna mess with them!!!!

If your dogs were there you'd probably be bathing dogs now. Repeatedly.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen you for a while. Welcome back, Kevin. Cool

Q

Posts: 26412 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy my skunk. My clueless neighbors often surprise him. And then he surprises them!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one in our yard the other night, ended up almost about 8lbs. As big as a possum. Good lord my yard stinks.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If your dogs were there you'd probably be bathing dogs now. Repeatedly.

My mother's home canned tomato juice does not work either!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4268 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I had to shoot one the other day that was either rabid, or had distemper. Was walking around in circles in daylight, falling over, looked awful physically. I got as close as I dared with the cruiser and luckily severed the spine so it didn't give one last blast...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15589 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
now they are more like stray cats.

And they will breed like stray cats. Be prepared for many more to appear.

Posts: 12688 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Our old yellow lab used to be a quite accomplished skunk killer. He spend many weeks each summer orange and smelly. He beat one of them so badly it was flat as a sheet of paper.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I have them in my neighborhood,

and they like to visit my yard and eat grubs,

I have seen a few, but never smelled them,

guessing the fox, yotes, and neighborhood cats leave them alone

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
there's a picture of me somewhere online from maybe 6-7 years ago holding a pet skunk a lady was walking down Collins Ave in Miami. I was pretty drunk at the time so I thought it was totally normal haha

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I had to shoot one the other day that was either rabid, or had distemper. Was walking around in circles in daylight, falling over, looked awful physically. I got as close as I dared with the cruiser and luckily severed the spine so it didn't give one last blast...

Poor guy. Did everyone a favor there.

When healthy they're very mellow. I've walked right up to them without meaning to on several occasions - within kicking distance - and never had a problem. Just back away quietly.

Two different places I lived, there were bushes planted right up next to the front door. Sometimes skunks wanted to dig around under the bushes for bugs or something. The time a deer was grazing the bushes just as I opened the front door to go to work - that was startling.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I had one living in my garage for about a week before I finally figured out how to get rid of it without disaster. I wouldn't have even known it was there if I hadn't seen it scurry under my workbench when I went in the garage.

I have a security camera focused on my garage door so I set a bowl of cat food outside the garage door and opened the door about 6" sat down at the security monitor and waited. Sure enough the skunk came out and I remotely closed the garage door behind him and the skunk wandered off and didn't return.

It was kind of like living with a time bomb, you never quite knew if, or when, it was going to go off.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2090 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Ha ha!
I've smelled one over here too... haven't seen it yet.

Hope you are doing well.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24124 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Many many years ago, I was with a buddy at Radford University in VA, trying to get laid. My options had been reduced to his flings Chinese roommate, so we were out walking around campus as I was working my game. She starts giggling about a cat she sees and heads over to pet it.

I quickly realized this cat was a striped stinker, and stopped her and explained the situation. But if I hadn't been there, she'd have been sprayed.

Somehow I never got laid that weekend. And if anyone knows anything about Radford, that's statistically improbable Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
They're same as a kitty if you are friendly to them. Pettin and scratchin and treats. Big Grin

Posts: 17902 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got sprayed by one when I was a teenager. Long time ago. Surprised one and he let me have it.
My Mom made me strip on the front porch. Some of the neighbors still remember. That wasn't fun.
Tomato juice, vinegar and all kinds of stuff. Not much worked either.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post