SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nanny wars in Manhattan…(sheesh)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nanny wars in Manhattan…(sheesh) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
People… are simply insane.

I Know What You Did on the Playground Inside the chaos that often ensues after a parent posts about a “bad nanny” on Facebook.

Heather fired Katie. And then things took an unexpected turn. The next nanny Heather hired, Sara*, started getting confronted on the street by a group of six or seven caregivers who were loyal to her predecessor. They would call out to Caleb by name, take videos and pictures of him, and sometimes malign Heather to Sara. “They told her I was a bitch who couldn’t be trusted,” says Heather. At the Children’s Museum, they called Sara an “idiot” in front of Heather’s mom. A nanny in New York for 34 years, Sara had never experienced that level of harassment and intimidation; at times, she thought about quitting. “It’s been rough. Some of these nannies were very, very creepy, and at some point I felt very scared of them,” says Sara. “They were not only lashing out at me, but they had so many bad things to say about his parents.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So glad I was blessed to make enough income that my wife has not worked since our first was born. And since I’ve been remote last ~4 years I get to be there during the day as well.

I know people with a stay at home mom and they STILL have a nanny. And women at work who had pregnancies discussing their nanny problems before child was born. I also know a woman who was a nanny for a few years in college and after and (for a family where the mom did not work) she would tell me stories of the kids would run to her Vs the mom in time of need. Very sad. I’m not suggesting not having a regular baby sitter or 2 of local high school girl neighbors or kids friends to watch so parents can have a night out. These are basically live in nannies and if not live in, full time plus and also errand girls as well. With access to the family car etc.

Honestly if your kid is going to be raised by somebody else why bother to have one.

Posts: 4775 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Tribalism.

Plain, simple tribalism.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31453 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
This is taking place in Manhattan, which is some version of “The Twilight Zone”.

While part of me finds this completely insane, I am not one bit surprised by it. Look at the way people act nowadays. Hysterical reactions that would have been called “mental illness” is considered acceptable in society now.

The “Caleb kid situation” is plain and simple harassment. What normal, sane adult calls out a kid? There won’t be any repercussions to these nanny’s. I can easily see it being some part of a social pecking order. Marking their spot on the totem pole of naighborhood nanny’s.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4028 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post