SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paper Fingerprints
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paper Fingerprints Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
Trying to find where to get electronic .eft file fingerprints and it’s not easy. (Live just North of Charlotte)

Any advice/experience with do it yourself fingerprints to submit with ATF form 4?

I have ordered fingerprint cards from the ATF but due to time would like to just purchase cards and ink from Amazon, several different options there.

Links to cards and ink for purchase would be great if you have a particular ordering option that you have used.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure. I've printed people for years. Fill out the cards first, so you don't smudge the prints. Not to sound patronizing, but put the correct fingers into the correct boxes, they're labelled. Roll your finger lightly on the ink pad, the roll the finger ONCE on the card. If you try to roll twice, it will mess up the print. Practice on plain paper a few times first. Alcohol based hand sanitizes takes the ink off your fingers easily. Let the cards dry for a few minutes before stacking them or putting them in an envelope. If you were near me, I'd do it for ya. One more thing-there are several blocks in the identifying data block. Most people only have "US" for citizen, then Social Security Number. Most of the rest are for special situations like resident aliens, etc. You don't have to fill them out unless they apply to you.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
My wife works with International deployments, and helps her candidates get fingerprinted for passports, clearances, etc. Most communities these days have businesses that will perform digital fingerprinting with checks and balances accepted by (at least) the State Dept., the military, and other Federal agencies (I believe the official name for this program is "FieldPrint," but I am far from certain about this). Look for these in mom and pop "check cashing" type businesses in neighborhoods with a strong immigrant presence.

Posts: 6505 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Here in FL all 67 Sherriff offices have the ability to do the electronic finger print service, it's where I went.

In googling it for NC found this list.

List NC E-Print Locations

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep, many law enforcement agencies offer fingerprinting for the public.

Around here, agencies usually offer it during a limited time window each week. Like Thursdays from 2-4 pm, or Mondays and Wednesday from 8-12 am, or similar. So check with your local PDs/SOs to see if they offer it, and on what schedule.

Posts: 32547 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
for my DoD clearances, we are sent to a Postal Annex store.

Maybe try there or a UPS store (not a facility)?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
for my DoD clearances, we are sent to a Postal Annex store.

Maybe try there or a UPS store (not a facility)?

UPS has locations that do Electronic finger prints. There might be one closer to you

https://locations.theupsstore....ea-rd/fingerprinting

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Note that most law enforcement agencies that take prints electronically are not going to provide the requested EFT file.

Print cards are free from BATFE: https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form

Order literally any fingerprint ink pad from Amazon and take your own prints on your kitchen table. I was off work with an injury for a couple months and did this. I bought this $7, single finger pad: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001HA4PJ4

So for $7, make as many print cards as you want.

There are also services that will convert an FD-258 print card to an EFT. I have seen $50 quoted.

At the present time, fingerprint approval is not the bottleneck on an eForm 4. The goal is to get eForm 4 approvals to 30 days by the end of next year. eForm 1 approvals have averaged at or below 30 days for a few years now with paper print cards, so it is unlikely that electronic prints will be required to get eForm 4s done in that timeframe.

There is no doubt that EFT fingerprint submission is more convenient.

Posts: 5166 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Had mine done electronically at our county court house when I was applying for UT permit to carry.

Just prior to getting printed, the gal who was helping me asked if I had any outstanding warrants, which prompted me to ask why she asked that question when I was getting prints to apply for a permit to carry. Apparently they'd caught more than a few criminals who were submitting prints for permits. Big Grin

Posts: 1806 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Note that most law enforcement agencies that take prints electronically are not going to provide the requested EFT file.

If he does it himself at the kitchen table with an Amazon ink pad and a paper card, he won't have an EFT file either. Wink

Posts: 32547 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But the ink pad will last years.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
You might try your friendly local CCW instructor. Some of them do it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
But the ink pad will last years.

Right. For most people, spending a few dollars one time plus postage and getting 20 cards free from BATFE will be perfectly adequate. That covers 10 NFA items.

If you want to buy print cards to get them faster than from BATFE (I have never waited more than a week), you need FD-258 "applicant" cards. The ORI should be:

WVATF0800
ATF-NAT TRAC CTR
MARTINSBURG, WV

Posts: 5166 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
https://midwest-silencers.ammo...dwest-silencers-5479

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7004 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post