SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2 stents in the widow maker artery
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 stents in the widow maker artery Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Sincerely glad you're here! Merry Christmas.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8534 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you got your main Christmas present a day early Eek!

All quips aside, glad it wasn’t fatal and hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Glad you got there in time---Merry Christmas!!!

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

Merry Christmas!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas from God. Could have went the other way.

Sept of 2013 I had 99% blockage in widowmaker and have a similar story w/ 4pm arrival. Cath lab surgeon had left for the day, had been gone about 20 minutes but turned around and fixed me up.

A single stent did the job and 11 years later my ejection fraction is low 50s, low side of normal and it's like it never happened. Good Luck!

Posts: 4702 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Glad you are still with us.

Merry Christmas!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6426 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Getting to the hospital in time is 90% of state g alive. When I was in cardiology training a young fellow named Andreas Grüntzig was just steadying to do angioplasty, there were no stents. No clot-dissolving meds. Cardiology has come a long way since then. Very happy you had your stents. Now just follow your cardiologists’ directions and you will add years of healthy life.

Posts: 18094 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Particularly good that you took the symptoms seriously and ignored the fact that it was a holiday weekend. Too many are worried about disrupting family plans and suffer damage or death.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Back in 2019 I had three events the three days before my main artery shut down completely.. it's a man thing.

After they put the stint in they put in a temporary impeller (small pump) to give me blood pressure and let my heart rest for two days...
to make this critter work
they thin your blood so much
your kidneys can't filter it
and you pee black....

sorry, here is proof:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting here waiting for doc to show up to release me, I hope.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4140 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Waiting on paperwork and my ride home.
Thanks for all the well wishes!

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4140 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas and it's good you listened to your body and took action...

Posts: 23594 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Back in 2019 I had three events the three days before my main artery shut down completely.. it's a man thing.

After they put the stint in they put in a temporary impeller (small pump) to give me blood pressure and let my heart rest for two days...
to make this critter work
they thin your blood so much
your kidneys can't filter it
and you pee black....
E-FREAKING-GADS!!!!! Eek

quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
Waiting on paperwork and my ride home.
Thanks for all the well wishes!
Late to the party. Great news that everything was caught in time!!! Live long and prosper, gjgalligan!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5136 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you’re fine! That technology is incredible. I’ve always wondered if it came from “downhole engineering technology” derived from the petroleum industry as it looks like a miniaturized version of it. One of my early dates with my girlfriend (now wife) in the early 80s was to observe an angioplasty (from behind the glass window in the unused xray booth)at Methodist, Houston where she worked as an RN. She started in 80 in the cath lab. I was amazed at what the Doc did. I could see it on the tv screen. Around 1982 iirc.

Years later at age 50 I needed the same thing. wasn’t apprehensive having seen one. Like you I had a major blockage of the LAD. My procedure was at St. Lukes, Houston. Doc had to use a “rotoblater ” drill device to enlarge the small opening enough to thread the balloon device through the blockage. I was able to observe it all on the TV screen. Had a couple of more stents on smaller arteries a few years later.

Twenty five years later at age 75 I’m still above ground. I lift weights and use the treadmill at the gym several times a week. I’m very mobile and active. Thank goodness for Lipitor and modern tech.

I have regular cardiology check ups.

Still married to the nurse. She’s long retired too.

You should have many more years to enjoy life.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
You must be home by now, gj.

Rest up, relax and enjoy a gentle recovery.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38726 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas and I am glad you are ok. A true Christmas blessing for you and your family.

Posts: 4069 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post