SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Went to the ER Sunday
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Went to the ER Sunday Login/Join 
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Mike - caught in time ...

A speedy diagnosis and recovery!

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry you have to deal with this again Mike. Praying for you.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
How is your health now?

Hahaha three days of no sleep in ICU is enough to finish anyone off.

So I'm ok they neurologist has no clue. Lucky me.

Thanks for asking. Mrs. Mike and I will be seeing another neurologist for a second opinion.

Mike, my last stay was almost identical, no sleep, even with the demerol IV. I'm post stroke and fell fracturing a vertebrae. They had me in a vest and monitored by an alarm on the bed to keep me in it. I have issues being in a hospital the days since my last 2 month stay to repair a brain aneurysm rupture and stroked during surgery. My prayers go out to you and wish you a great recovery. I think you mentioned in a past thread you suffered a stroke already, I think. Godspeed my friend.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Report This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear Mike, thoughts and prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
How is your health now?

Hahaha three days of no sleep in ICU is enough to finish anyone off.

So I'm ok they neurologist has no clue. Lucky me.

Thanks for asking. Mrs. Mike and I will be seeing another neurologist for a second opinion.
Get well soon and hope the 2nd opinion provides clarity.

As far as sleep, my grandfather's congestive heart failure side effects landed him in the hospital a bunch of times and his memorable quote was "hospitals are the only place where they'll wake you up to ask if you're sleeping ok."

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Hope you get this sorted out quick and are back up and running soon. But take it easy til then.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Get well soon, Mike.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was having stroke symptoms...

Got some clot busting drug and was transported to Duke Hospital.

Damn.

Hey scratchy, I will mail you your bullets soon after I get released from ICU hell...please bear with me.

Any hooo

Take your dear sweet time and heal up Mike. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Report This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Hope this gets sorted out & you're feeling well soon!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Report This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
glad you are doing well now

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for your recovery.
ICUs are never fun or comfortable. Best advice I can give is be very nice to the nursing staff. They will do more to get you well then the doctors.
Remember the thank card when you leave.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Hope you get out soon, better than when you went in.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
So they released me this afternoon...

got home, got a shower (ahhhhh)

Mrs. Mike has been calling the neurologist from my last stroke (her silly receptionist is all, well we have one in April) [shakes head and walks into other room]

Need answers about what it is; to see if I can ever work as a cop again...am I gonna have another "stroke/TIA/seizure" or do I just need a good black magic woman?? FML

Thanks everyone for the good vibes!!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, hope this all ends well for you.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Best wishes and smooth sailings.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Report This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Good Luck!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The best advice I can give about "no appointments until April" is this:

1) "Ok, cool, can you put me on your list to call, if there are any cancellations?"
And
2) If you have the free time, go down to the office and wait. Walk in, tell the nice lady at the desk "I don't have an appointment. I'm hoping that someone doesn't show up, the doc finishes up with someone early, whatever, and can squeeze me in." Then smile and say "I'll be sitting right over there, reading a book." and take your seat.
Odds are, you'll get seen.

Luck,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck and health be to you!

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

10 November, 1775
Picture of MarinetoRN
posted Hide Post
Praying for a great outcome.

SiGArm'd

P220ST X2, 1911 Revolution, P245, P229 RTTEQ/ST .40 X2, P226ST, Mosquito
Other weaponry not SIG

Glocks are ugly.
I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders.

Posts: 2471 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: August 18, 2005Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
get well soon

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post