SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Young woman shows how to do a U-turn on a motorcycle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Young woman shows how to do a U-turn on a motorcycle Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted
https://www.instagram.com/reel...6f-af32-c8cd0adcac39

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7122 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Impressive

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15394 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I thought so, and cute too! Smile

Posts: 7122 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Dang, that's a lot of $ worth of rubber burned off!

Posts: 9483 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
So sorry to be a party pooper but some may consider this to be pretty cool but does not melt my butter... things like these actions encourage others who might not be so gifted or having the right equipment to try these type of things and end up getting hurt or damageing their equipment.. ................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2029 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When a teenager I thought stuff like that was great.

At my current age, OLD, it is just stupid.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
So sorry to be a party pooper but some may consider this to be pretty cool but does not melt my butter... things like these actions encourage others who might not be so gifted or having the right equipment to try these type of things and end up getting hurt or damageing their equipment.. ................................... drill sgt.

Oh just stop it. I find it completely bizarre that anyone would even feel the need to say that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30440 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Probably twenty or more years ago Michigan State University offered a motorcycle riders course giving civilians the same training as motor officers.

I always wanted to take that but time constraints kept it from happening. While I still ride I doubt that I could complete that class today at my age. Though doing figure eights on a 800# Harley bagger fork stop to fork stop would be fun still today.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8140 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Oh just stop it. I find it completely bizarre that anyone would even feel the need to say that.

It’s chick think and it’s permeated into a lot of men at this point. I think it can be blamed on the marginalization of men and male behavior for the last 50 years or so. Or possibly the large amount of estrogen introduced into our bodies by plastics and terrible foods. Credit to adam carolla for coining the term.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2249 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same with lots of activities, drill. You should see some of the dirt bike riders and racers!

In her case she's performing on a closed lot (not out on a highway) and she's had many get-off's in honing her skills.

Pol is impressive on a Tenere 700. I would suggest "others who might not be so gifted" be realistic of their ability to not attempt this, especially starting about the .30 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn6K_DsIMB4

posted Hide Post
Paul Edmonson. He did the motorcycle work for the James Bond film No Time To Die.
All this stuff is way over my skill level.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:

People who are even interested in getting into stunting, know you don't just grab any street bike and go at it. These bikes are set up specifically for this, just look at the size of that rear sprocket for instance.

Posts: 7425 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
On Any Sunday is a movie made in 1971, documenting various types of motorcycle riding and competition.

One segment showed a very talented young woman, a trials rider. She balanced the motorcycle (maybe a Bultaco, I'm not 100% positive) while she turned the engine off, did a headstand on the cycle, lowered herself down, kick-started it, and rode away.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30743 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched that movie two or three years after it came out in 1971 when I was maybe 13 or 14 or so and it is what inspired me to want to ride motorcycles.

After graduating college, moving away from home and starting a job, my first ‘big’ purchase was a 1983 Honda CX65O Custom in black (purchased from coworker).

Posts: 3497 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
quote:

Same with lots of activities, drill. You should see some of the dirt bike riders and racers!

In her case she's performing on a closed lot (not out on a highway) and she's had many get-off's in honing her skills.

This is the first time I've ever heard someone having a problem w/ this stuff on a closed course. It's should be no different than racing on a track.
I saw this on yootube a few days ago and was impressed. I would never dream of doing any of that but I'll watch it.

Posts: 7382 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She has some impressive videos. If I did/tried any of the things she did/does, it wouldn't be on purpose and it would end badly.

Posts: 6913 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Wonder what the budget is for new tires?

Impressive

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11309 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Paul Edmonson. He did the motorcycle work for the James Bond film No Time To Die.
All this stuff is way over my skill level.
Shes probably sponsored at this point. Shes been doing it for years and has very impressive skills.

Posts: 3933 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's Sarah Letizo, French stunt rider. Very well know in the movie industry IIRC.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
I watched that movie two or three years after it came out in 1971 when I was maybe 13 or 14 or so and it is what inspired me to want to ride motorcycles.

After graduating college, moving away from home and starting a job, my first ‘big’ purchase was a 1983 Honda CX65O Custom in black (purchased from coworker).

Cookster did you notice this thread? https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/3280085405