SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    PETA urges people to stop using ‘anti-animal language’
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PETA urges people to stop using ‘anti-animal language’ Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Is "son of a b@tch" offensive to Peta?

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am, by nature, a contrary sonofabitch
Excuse me, but shouldn't that be "son of a peach?"

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Not to change the topic, but it seems to me that the root cause of all this weird crap (like this PETA nonsense) is because we have so many people in this country that have not been educated (rather indoctrinated) and have waaaay to much free time on their hands.

Maybe if they had to actually work for a living they would find that they do not have time, or energy, for this nonsensical crap!

Our tax dollars at work.

Oh, and was there not a minor scandal some years ago where these animal rights/rescue folks were actually killing the animals?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
quote:
I am, by nature, a contrary sonofabitch
Excuse me, but shouldn't that be "son of a peach?"

Bite me. Razz Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
For Thanksgiving my nephew shows up to the family get together with a t shirt that says PETA on it. Just as I'm about to lose my mind on him for wearing that in my house, he turns to hug my wife and I read the back of it: "People Eating Tasty Animals." Then, below that: "Fat People Are Harder to Kidnap."

And just like that, balance was restored to the Slabby universe.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'll stop when pigs fly....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, and was there not a minor scandal some years ago where these animal rights/rescue folks were actually killing the animals?

That was PETA's very own "shelter" at their Norfolk headquarters. Highest kill rate in the state. As far as I know, nothing has changed.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lithog
posted Hide Post
Are you saying that PITA is stupid? We all know that.
You're just beating a dead horse.

---------------------------
"Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger, THE SHOOTER

Posts: 1215 | Location: Memphis,Tenn.,USA | Registered: October 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so I suppose the chicken chow meow and the bow wow gai ding are right out then?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The executives at PETA need to beaten like a rented mule.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
If all of the vegetarians were that concerned about all the little animals, they would stop eating all of their food.

Posts: 518 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some years ago in another professional life, I worked at Oscar Mayer. One day a woman got through to my direct line and as soon as I picked up the phone, she started screaming at me that “you stick rods up the colons of pigs before you kill them!” and that the Wienermobile “exploits children”. She continued by saying that PETA will be at the Little Creek Naval Base to protest the Wienermobile at their Commissary Store.

Before I sent her to Consumer Affairs, I told her that Oscar Mayer has not operated a slaughter facility in over 20 years and those who do would not stick anything up a pig’s ass before killing it. I then wished her luck getting on the base at Little Creek.

They tend to be bat shit crazy and engaging with them is pointless.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to say it but this has been a win for PETA.

Look at all the press they are getting. Even are local news commented on having “FOX” in their name.

I would be happier if everyone just ignored them.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
These phrases go back beyond the middle ages ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post