SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OK team, I need the speed queen of dishwashers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK team, I need the speed queen of dishwashers Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted
Bought a new Samsung dishwasher about a year ago and it is the biggest POS...

I'm over circuit boards and chirps and chimes and trouble codes. Want a RELIABLE, simple dishwasher that just works.

Please inundate me with suggestions, Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
Miele

Posts: 832 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Bosch, mine is going on 20 years old never had a problem.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
Bosch, mine is going on 20 years old never had a problem.

This. 100%

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I have a GE that has been quiet and trouble free for about 10 years. I will replace it with a Bosch.

Posts: 4020 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a toss up between Miele or Bosch.

We went with the Miele.

Wife liked the button set up on the front best.

So quiet we need to check to see if it is running

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Bosch.

Posts: 4630 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whirlpool/kitchen aid- Bosch is u need to impress the bridge club gals

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Several immediate family members have had bad experiences with Bosch...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
If memory serves Whirlpool made almost all of the Kenmore appliances for Sears. My Kenmore dishwashers have been reliable workhorses for years so were I in the market today I'd be looking at Whirlpool first. Obviously YMMV

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16225 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bosch.......Miele is great but expensive.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
We have had a Whirlpool for over 12 years trouble free. Made in U.S.

Posts: 791 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We’ve had an Asko (made in Sweden) for about 15 years. Rock solid.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I have a new Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ.

Flawless so far and extremely quiet.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bosch

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4268 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My wife got tired of the newer electronic programmable models failing, and bought a low end Frigidaire from Lowes. It has one big mechanical dial for cycle selection, and a sliding switch for on/off/stop/resume, etc. She works her dishwasher several times a day, and uses it for cleaning stuff other than dishes, too. So far (2 years in), it is flawless.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10787 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with Whirlpool, Maytag and Kitchen Aid.

Id for sure get a stainless steel tub though, whichever brand you select.

quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I have a new Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ.

Flawless so far and extremely quiet.

-Rob

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Bosch is my new favorite. Super clean dishes and the first one lasted 15 years and the second is going on 5. GE before that was silent but the worst at cleaning dishes.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I thought the answer for any appliance-related question was WASTE KANG!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
If memory serves Whirlpool made almost all of the Kenmore appliances for Sears. My Kenmore dishwashers have been reliable workhorses for years so were I in the market today I'd be looking at Whirlpool first. Obviously YMMV

My Kenmore dishwasher is a HUGE POS. 9 years old and doesn't work worth a damn and has had several repairs. My Kenmore refrigerator also just took a shit, bought them at the same time. Coolant line issue that you can't fix.

The dishwasher was a basic one but the fridge was pretty high dollar fancy one that was the biggest one they made at the time.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post