SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marley will soon be waiting for me at the rainbow bridge.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marley will soon be waiting for me at the rainbow bridge. Login/Join 
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you both knew what you had in terms of love and affection, and that he’s had a good life. I hope you’re able to hold him again before he passes.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5299 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You have my condolences.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. I've been there and I know how much it hurts to lose a little furry buddy.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Condolences.

We had to let one our cats go when we were on vacation once. It sucked not being able to be there for him.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
He managed to wait for me, and I got to spend an hour and a half or so with him. I had a glimmer of hope that maybe the subcutaneous fluids mentioned one page one might be just what he needed, and that maybe they were used to dealing with pet owners who don’t want to go to the effort and money… until they brought him in the room. That hope vanished. He was barely there. So limp, so weak. He was just hanging on so I could say goodbye. So I did. They gave him a shot to ease his struggle, and he breathed his last at 7:02 PM last night, and I truly feel like I lost a piece of my soul when he laid limp in my arms.

I took him to the crematory this afternoon, and lost another piece. I wanted to bury him in the back yard, but our house is on the market, and we drive away for the last time on the 8th, and my wife wouldn’t have it for all the reasons. Some time next week, I’ll pick up his ashes, and a polished river stone laser engraved with his name and paw print.

With his body, I also gave the lady at the crematory two little knit pillows my mother made for my son that Marley immediately claimed as his own. I don’t think my son ever even touched them. Marley used to drag them around the house and loudly hump them the minute my wife left the house, and in his later years used to aggressively do so right in front of me. I have no idea what that was about, but it was his way, and it was my way to tell him “you’re a sick fuck, you know that, right?” Anyways, it seemed fitting that his harem go to cat Valhalla with him. Marley had more life left in him than those pillows did when I handed the cat carrier over to the nice lady. This makes me laugh. Not a lot of laughs in the last day or so.

When we get where we’re going, wherever it ends up being, we’re going to set up a little memorial to him. My son is taking it better than I thought he would, but you never know with kids. I think I’m easily the most devastated. Typing this was hard. Today was hard. Yesterday was almost unbearable. I’m not going to even get into the lost luggage with a Glock 19 in it and my cell phone getting bricked while navigating to the animal hospital. The world was against me, but God was with us, and gave us each other to walk the road with together until my old friend could go no further. Rest easy until I see you again, Mr. Cat.

Thank you all for the kind words. I’m home alone with this, and I feel really alone with this. The posts helped.

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am glad you made it, able to be with your buddy, and that you saw him on his final journey from this side of the bridge.

My cat, Mr. Paddington Possum(in a box he made his own), always on my desk, sleeping while I work, and using the computer for the most important work of all, looking at other cats...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
So glad you made it in time. It’s happened with pets and my parents that it almost seemed like they were waiting for us to say their/our goodbyes and tell them it was ok to let go.

Getting blurry eyes…

God bless.

Posts: 3714 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so glad you were able to get back and he was able to hang on until you did.

Posts: 549 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I too am glad you were able to make it back to him in time. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Glad you were able to be there for Marley’s final moments. Losing a furry buddy is absolutely one of the hardest things I’ve dealt with. I have no doubt that they take a piece of your heart with them when they go.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm happy you got to say goodbye.

Bo, Basement Cat, and Jazmine will look out for him until you two meet again.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
God bless you; always.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That's tough.

Maybe something is wrong with me, but from time to time, I think of when I have to say goodbye to my two dogs. I was there when their mother died as well as them. Their dad just died recently.

I know they know the concept of dead and they wailed when their mother died and the bigger dog was sobbing uncontrollably and would have had tears if she could.

But, at least, we can enjoy each other in the present.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
So glad you were able to spend the last minutes together! Cats and dogs are wonderful creatures!!!

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
RIP sweet boy! Never forgotten.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear man. Sounds like he had a good life and was taken care of. About the best one can hope for.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6961 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
RIP, Marley. Laughter through blurry monitor at your post, Smudge. GLAD you made it home to say "so long" to your little buddy...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My condolences on the loss of your friend.

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aller Anfang ist schwer
Picture of Tavman
posted Hide Post
I'm really sorry for the loss of your kitty buddy. It is a small but important blessing to be able to visit with them before they go. I didn't get that chance with my Moxie and I regret it.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Fayetteville, AR | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, glad you made it to see him.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1730 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post