SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's Good to See Your Kid Find His/Her Niche in Life
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Good to See Your Kid Find His/Her Niche in Life Login/Join 
The One True IcePick
Picture of eyrich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
BTW - the company name is MicroVision. Wink

Nice to see some action with this company.
I have owned them since at least 2006, bought based on some military tech they were working on. Never went anywhere.

Posts: 859 | Location: IL | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Jimmy, please stop.

Favorable capital gains rates apply to long term gains. His gains are short term and ordinary income tax rates apply.

If Jimmy here stated the best thing to do when getting a flat tire at night, on an interstate/freeway was to put on your hazards and pull off to the right as far as possible my inclination would be to stop in the middle lane, turn off all my lights and proceed with changing the tire only because I KNOW 99% of Jimmy's advice is likely to get a person killed, injured, and/or arrested.

Hence the reason I say "thank you" for not quoting him so all can see his post(s).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
What other stocks is he looking at? Smile

Nano tech? Big Grin

Microvision was around $1.80 yesterday morning. Today they opened at something like $2.38 (wife tries to tell me an hours before I [want to] wake up - not pretty but I tolerate it)

Ticker symbols?

No need to hold back, others buying doesn't hurt him ;D

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nano tech? Big Grin

Microvision was around $1.80 yesterday morning. Today they opened at something like $2.38 (wife tries to tell me an hours before I [want to] wake up - not pretty but I tolerate it)

Ticker symbols?

Oh please - everyone buy some. Big Grin

MVIS and NANO - both on NASDAQ

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met the nicest ,most congenial, courteous and helpful medical person
this a.m. .

A genuine treasure of a health care worker, She's going in to her fifth year of college to be a doctor.

She graduated high school 17 months early.

And yes she plans on returning to tiny town to practice , when the time comes.

It was so inspiring , to hear her story, what a great way to start the day.

Her mom is an L.P. N. At the same G.P.
Doctors office.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54708 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would encourage your son to get his Series 7 license. A bitch to do but then he can help others. I golf with a some financial advisers. They make good money at advising and trading for themselves.

Posts: 7568 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Just to go off topic for a moment but that Nitch in the thread title has bothered me since I read it. I finally realized it should be niche. That is all. Go back to what you were all doing. Thanks.

Posts: 3391 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Jimmy, please stop.

Favorable capital gains rates apply to long term gains. His gains are short term and ordinary income tax rates apply.

If Jimmy here stated the best thing to do when getting a flat tire at night, on an interstate/freeway was to put on your hazards and pull off to the right as far as possible my inclination would be to stop in the middle lane, turn off all my lights and proceed with changing the tire only because I KNOW 99% of Jimmy's advice is likely to get a person killed, injured, and/or arrested.

Hence the reason I say "thank you" for not quoting him so all can see his post(s).

And all the while, I seem to run a very successful 7 figure business for almost 20 years, work on and run extremely heavy and extremely expensive machinery daily, and haven't managed to injure, get anyone killed or even arrested yet in 43 years. I even recessitated someone that had no pulse and wasn't breathing after they had a massive heart attack.........imagine that......not sure how I've survived life this long.

BUT, here are the actual tax rates from FORBES, depending on what he makes/doesn't make on short term trades and whether he keeps the stocks over a year or less. On short term trades (less than a year), he'll pay ordinary income on it, but not capital gains (which is a lower tax rate than capital gains up until $40k).

https://www.forbes.com/advisor...g/capital-gains-tax/

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Just to go off topic for a moment but that Nitch in the thread title has bothered me since I read it. I finally realized it should be niche. That is all. Go back to what you were all doing. Thanks.

No clue what you're talking about. Big Grin

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
Wow impressive. Past performance is not an indication of future returns Smile

True, but it looks like he will have about 6.5 million to cushion his future mistakes.

one of the reasons my math sucks and I'm poor, 50,000 x 20 per share how does that end up being 6.5 million ?

Dude, I went to law school so I wouldn't have to DO math. So what's the right answer? 65 million? Pi x R squared? 42?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1965 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Jimmy, please stop.

He'll be along momentarily to educate us all, on why his assertions are correct.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30733 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Pass the popcorn, please.

Posts: 11865 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Just make sure he is ready for both sides of this equation and pays himself along the way. I had similar results when covid started. Got greedy and lost a lot of my gains as I started doing less research and chasing higher highs. I've got back to basics and trading life is good again.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

Big Grin

Mmmmm . . . POPCORN!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30733 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could use a Claussen pickle right now

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I could use a Claussen pickle right now

Do you need some toilet paper too? Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No got plenty of Charmin to cope with the stomach upset I got from Vlasic pickles.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’ve got to be honest, I’m very excited for the future of this thread. Big Grin

And as it turns out I own a decent amount of shares of MicroVision. So I get to enjoy the hopeful upswing of that too!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

Big Grin

Mmmmm . . . POPCORN!

Yanno, come to think of it, Trader Joes does, or did, have Pickle Flavored Popcorn. Not sure if they still do or not. Google it.

Posts: 11865 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nano tech? Big Grin

Ticker symbols?

Oh please - everyone buy some. Big Grin

MVIS and NANO - both on NASDAQ

how do you know its going to go to 15 or 20 a share? at 1.80 or even 2.38 you would have to be dumb not to.

Posts: 5606 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post