SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We for sure need to not worry about G.warming, Polar Shift is fast approaching
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We for sure need to not worry about G.warming, Polar Shift is fast approaching Login/Join 
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
Humanity, and indeed all Earth-life, has always existed on the narrow margin of environment and adaptability, with an extremely narrow range of survivability, considering the vast differences that exist outside the comfy zone of Earth's atmosphere and this rather benign, extremely local and protected corner of a vast, hostile, unbelievably harsh and unforgiving Universe.

And yet, there are so many who believe that we have any effect whatsoever on the environment/climate. Roll Eyes

As I've said before, all one has to do is wade out, thigh deep, into a river to realize that we are completely insignificant to the future of this planet. Mother Nature is the boss and always has been.

I invite any Green New Dealer to stop the next volcano, earthquake, hurricane, blizzard, or even easier, and more locally, tornado. Or the tide, reference good king Canute. Just as a small demonstration of our influence. As noted, if every living thing on Earth, plant and animal, were pulverized to liquid, the entirety wouldn't fill half the Grand Canyon. Or you could just pour it into the ocean, where it wouldn't be noticed. A little humility would be more seemly, betimes.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
One theory is that the core of mars solidified over time and stopped spinning.

It then lost its magnetic field and then its atmosphere.

Our planet could be next.

In a few millennia

Sometimes I came across as a smart alec in college with no intent to do so whatsoever. Then, there were times when it was on purpose. One time was when the professor stated that our sun will burn out in approximately 1 billion years. I feigned panic as I asked, "What did you say?!" He repeated it, then I acted relieved and I said, "Oh - whew - I thought you said one million years."

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
We need to stop building those heavy buildings and stop digging out those large amount of rock.
It's throwing the balance off the earth off.
We're loping along like an egg ....

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I have one important question, when the poles shift, which way will the water swirl in the toilet?

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My neice, a sophomore in High School told me they watched "The Day After Tomorrow" in class. Ugh...

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
I have one important question, when the poles shift, which way will the water swirl in the toilet?

Same way it does now...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Holy CRAP. That moron was right. 12 years and we're dead. Who knew??

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post