SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We for sure need to not worry about G.warming, Polar Shift is fast approaching
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We for sure need to not worry about G.warming, Polar Shift is fast approaching Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
So I can stop payin my bills & run up a buncha credit card debt, with no repercussions?

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Will my magnets still work?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What will happen will happen no matter what we do or say. However, the Jedi force will work in reverse.

Posts: 25 | Location: Glenolden, Pa. | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing I do know is that the food substitute that will follow, Soylent Green, I will have none of it... We all know what it is made of....

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the rate of decay continues at this pace, or if it speeds up even more, we could be looking at a mass extinction event that is beyond what most people would dare to imagine.

Yawn...
Meanwhile, I am working on my golf game and shooting accuracy.

Extinction level events have happened before, it will happen again. The sun is going to grow and swallow the earth at some point when it turns into a red giant in a few billion years. Stuff happens.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
We could get drilled by a large asteroid on any given day.

Or the magic bug could evolve when a pig eats a dead bird that pecked seeds from a sick bats shit.

Or lil’ Kim could wake up tomorrow with a REALLY painful gouty foot and let fly with the nukes and start a chain reaction across the globe.

Or the poles could flip. One way or another, something will happen eventually. I’ll worry about it then.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I thought there had been a previous magnetic polar shift within one generation. I would certainly call that pretty damn fast.

How old is mankind anyway, more or less ? How many years is that ? And how many magnetic polar reversals have happened since that time ? Seems like mankind was pretty resourceful then to have survived and thrived.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
I thought there had been a previous magnetic polar shift within one generation. I would certainly call that pretty damn fast.

How old is mankind anyway, more or less ? How many years is that ? And how many magnetic polar reversals have happened since that time ? Seems like mankind was pretty resourceful then to have survived and thrived.

- Homo sapiens, about 200,000 years, give or take.
- None. Not counting this one. The last being around 750,000 years ago.
- FIFY: Seems like mankind was pretty resourceful lucky then to have survived and thrived. The total human population being reduced to between 3,000 and 10,000 individuals by an unrelated event around 70,000 years ago.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
quote:

- FIFY: Seems like mankind was pretty resourceful lucky then to have survived and thrived. The total human population being reduced to between 3,000 and 10,000 individuals by an unrelated event around 70,000 years ago.
Wasn't that mass extinction about the same time the dinosaurs were killed off by the asteroid?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Maybe, maybe not. Some evidence says die off was not as bad as previously though.

No. Flashguy you are thinking about the Chicxulub impact, which was many, many millions of years ago.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
quote:

Wasn't that mass extinction about the same time the dinosaurs were killed off by the asteroid?

flashguy

The K-T mass extinction event that reduced the dinosaurs to non-viable populations was 66 million years ago. Asteroid. And assorted bad luck (for the dinosaurs). The largest mass extinction event, almost setting the planet back to zero-hour and no life forms, was 250 million years ago. Caused by....something else. The more recent human bottleneck resulting in almost the elimination of the species was a more mundane combination of genetics and volcanic activity. Humanity, and indeed all Earth-life, has always existed on the narrow margin of environment and adaptability, with an extremely narrow range of survivability, considering the vast differences that exist outside the comfy zone of Earth's atmosphere and this rather benign, extremely local and protected corner of a vast, hostile, unbelievably harsh and unforgiving Universe.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well, the earth's magnetic north pole is indeed shifting at an accelerated rate. That's scientific fact. What we are to make of that though I suppose is up for debate.

Oh, that's easy: All we have to do whenever there's a global crisis is to surrender our rights and more of our income to the Democrat Party.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Oy vey! Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm going to order a couple cases of .22 LR before the panic hits.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Will my magnets still work?

Maybe you’ll have to use them upside down? Will we have to drive electric cars backwards?

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
BUY MORE AMMO!!!

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
No. Flashguy you are thinking about the Chicxulub impact, which was many, many millions of years ago.
You're right. I somehow read "70,000" as "70 million"--my bad.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....Humanity, and indeed all Earth-life, has always existed on the narrow margin of environment and adaptability, with an extremely narrow range of survivability, considering the vast differences that exist outside the comfy zone of Earth's atmosphere and this rather benign, extremely local and protected corner of a vast, hostile, unbelievably harsh and unforgiving Universe.

The perfectness of our home is so razor thin. Change the slightest any parameter of our existence and the planet is inhabitable. Our planet goes through periods of change, some of which have made the planet nearly inhabitable for our form of life. Every day that passes and we are granted one more sunrise is a miracle in and of itself.

A great argument against man made climate change is history. It's right there under all the layers of sediment. We've always had a cyclical ever changing climate. Climate change is real, but any effects we can make are miniscule and will not greatly change what the cosmos has planned for our little rock in this harsh deadly environment that is our universe.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One theory is that the core of mars solidified over time and stopped spinning.

It then lost its magnetic field and then its atmosphere.

Our planet could be next.

In a few millennia

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Skins2281, I think you meant "UNinhabitable" twice.

flashguy

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Humanity, and indeed all Earth-life, has always existed on the narrow margin of environment and adaptability, with an extremely narrow range of survivability, considering the vast differences that exist outside the comfy zone of Earth's atmosphere and this rather benign, extremely local and protected corner of a vast, hostile, unbelievably harsh and unforgiving Universe.

And yet, there are so many who believe that we have any effect whatsoever on the environment/climate. Roll Eyes

As I've said before, all one has to do is wade out, thigh deep, into a river to realize that we are completely insignificant to the future of this planet. Mother Nature is the boss and always has been.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post