SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tesla's Optimus robot: will your wife want one? Will you? Will our nutty society tolerate it?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Tesla's Optimus robot: will your wife want one? Will you? Will our nutty society tolerate it? Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
I might get one if it can change the lightbulb above the garage. If it could replace a handyman, a maid, a barber, a chef, I'd be all about it. I could teach it my brisket method and then I could have brisket every week. I'd have it dig a bunker in the back yard for when the robots rise up. I imagine we would end up like the people in Wall-E, riding around all fat in our hover chairs.


Beagle lives matter.
______
(\ / @\_____
/ ( ) /O
/ ( )______/
///_____/
 
Posts: 1224 | Location: Panhandle of Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Would you want a robot to guard house, in the sense that it could notify you if something/one is creeping around the parameter? I would...


God, Family, Country.

 
Posts: 6192 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike_jackmin:
my guess is that they will be, at least initially, more attractive to companies than to households

there is a lot of manual labor that they can potentially do
<snip>

Yeah. And:
* No unions.
* No workers comp.
* No income tax.
California politicos are going to be very unhappy about that. A special session for the California legislature to “fix” it. The Omnibus Robot Worker bill.



Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11835 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I will pass on iRobot.


SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE
P322 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"
 
Posts: 7529 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I WOULD TAKE ONE.

Cut the lawn
Trim the bushes
Wash the car
cook dinner
Wash the dishes
vacuum
Wash the floors
Do the laundry

Drive the car

I could use one now.
 
Posts: 5166 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
As a shareholder, I am all for it.
 
Posts: 4512 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tesla's Optimus robot: will your wife want one? Will you? Will our nutty society tolerate it?

© SIGforum 2026