SIGforum
Tesla's Optimus robot: will your wife want one? Will you? Will our nutty society tolerate it?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3070066125

October 06, 2026, 01:41 PM
xd45man
Tesla's Optimus robot: will your wife want one? Will you? Will our nutty society tolerate it?
I might get one if it can change the lightbulb above the garage. If it could replace a handyman, a maid, a barber, a chef, I'd be all about it. I could teach it my brisket method and then I could have brisket every week. I'd have it dig a bunker in the back yard for when the robots rise up. I imagine we would end up like the people in Wall-E, riding around all fat in our hover chairs.


Beagle lives matter.
______
(\ / @\_____
/ ( ) /O
/ ( )______/
///_____/
October 06, 2026, 03:21 PM
davetruong
Would you want a robot to guard house, in the sense that it could notify you if something/one is creeping around the parameter? I would...


God, Family, Country.

October 06, 2026, 04:01 PM
Pipe Smoker
quote:
Originally posted by mike_jackmin:
my guess is that they will be, at least initially, more attractive to companies than to households

there is a lot of manual labor that they can potentially do
<snip>

Yeah. And:
* No unions.
* No workers comp.
* No income tax.
California politicos are going to be very unhappy about that. A special session for the California legislature to “fix” it. The Omnibus Robot Worker bill.



Serious about crackers.
October 06, 2026, 04:10 PM
SIG4EVA
I will pass on iRobot.


SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE
P322 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"
October 06, 2026, 04:52 PM
sig2392
I WOULD TAKE ONE.

Cut the lawn
Trim the bushes
Wash the car
cook dinner
Wash the dishes
vacuum
Wash the floors
Do the laundry

Drive the car

I could use one now.
October 06, 2026, 07:02 PM
fischtown7
As a shareholder, I am all for it.