SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am a Main Stream Republican, just your average racist murderer - see below
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am a Main Stream Republican, just your average racist murderer - see below Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
https://www.rollingstone.com/p...onald-trump-1353509/

“ The Buffalo Shooter Isn’t a ‘Lone Wolf.’ He’s a Mainstream Republican
The right-wing extremists who control the modern GOP are all gripped by a racist delusion. The shooter is just the latest to act on it”

I am incredibly offended by the accusation and nothing I can do about it!

It is time to remove protections from legal action from the media. Any ideas how to do that?

Repeal the free speech parts of the First Amendment.

Wouldn't it be better to have a Czar of some kind, maybe a Disinformation Czar

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Rolling Stone article is just one more lie in a sea of lies.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Rolling stone is a fucking joke.

Do they talk about the black on black shootings that occur daily in the inner cities?

One thing for sure: if the media does not mention the race or political leaning of the criminal, we already know.

they need to stick to actual music news and drop the rest

woulda thought they would have learned that after the piss poor reporting they did about UVA and frats etc

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Rolling Stone has been political leftist crap for years now, do they even cover music anymore? I don’t think so.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Repeal the free speech parts of the First Amendment.

Isn't that what "Hate Speech" laws do?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
At this point one would have to be an ignoramus and/or aligned with the Left to believe that.

In a conversation with a friend, I used the term political disorientation to describe how far removed from reality many of those on the political left have become. Similar to an aviator experiencing spatial disorientation, the modern leftists is unable to determine his/her true position in relationship to the Constitution. As a result, they perceive those on the right to be further and further extreme in their ideology. While the Marxist leadership intentionally moves the goal post to solidify their evil plan, most of their useful idiot drum thumpers fail to realize or even comprehend the illusion. Unaware of how far removed they are from traditional America, they are incapable of distinguishing between a mainstream Republican and a homicidal maniac.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a result, they perceive those on the right to be further and further extreme in their ideology.

Well, the farther left you go, the farther right the other side looks... Even if they don't move...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
As a result, they perceive those on the right to be further and further extreme in their ideology.

Well, the farther left you go, the farther right the other side looks... Even if they don't move...

Correct. The problem is many on the left don't believe they are moving.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
FCC section 230 is the rule used to make the press immune (nearly) from slander lawsuits. It needs to be eliminated. You should be able to say anything you want and be free from prosecution, but not lawsuits. It's slowly changing, I think.

Imagine the suits against Fox News, etc.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
If they're not calling you a racist, you're not speaking up enough!

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
FCC section 230 is the rule used to make the press immune (nearly) from slander lawsuits. It needs to be eliminated. You should be able to say anything you want and be free from prosecution, but not lawsuits. It's slowly changing, I think.

No, it isnt. The section 230 arguments are about allowing online providers to censor material with impunity, it is not about freedom of the press.

Section 230 is this https://www.law.cornell.edu/us...0to%20our%20citizens.

When people discuss repeaking section 230, they are referring to a section of 47 USC which protects internet message providers from civil liability for censoring material. The text is below

quote:
(2)Civil liability
No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be held liable on account of—
(A)any action voluntarily taken in good faith to restrict access to or availability of material that the provider or user considers to be obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected; or
(B)any action taken to enable or make available to information content providers or others the technical means to restrict access to material described in paragraph (1).

The rules on slander lawsuits against persons in the public domain were established in NY Times V. Sullivan in 1964. That is not a statutory law provision, but rather a court case.

You may read it here:

https://scholar.google.com/sch...as_vis=1&oi=scholarr

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Collective condemnation is the corner stone of the genocidal mindset. This is how every atrocity begins.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
At this point one would have to be an ignoramus and/or aligned with the Left to believe that.

In a conversation with a friend, I used the term political disorientation to describe how far removed from reality many of those on the political left have become. Similar to an aviator experiencing spatial disorientation, the modern leftists is unable to determine his/her true position in relationship to the Constitution. As a result, they perceive those on the right to be further and further extreme in their ideology. While the Marxist leadership intentionally moves the goal post to solidify their evil plan, most of their useful idiot drum thumpers fail to realize or even comprehend the illusion. Unaware of how far removed they are from traditional America, they are incapable of distinguishing between a mainstream Republican and a homicidal maniac.

You've described the Overton Window

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post