SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cold Cereal for Supper - Guess I am getting OLD...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cold Cereal for Supper - Guess I am getting OLD... Login/Join 
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Occasionally we have waffles or omelets for dinner, no big deal. When my wife is out at dinner time, I will have cold cereal, with a banana.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3403 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I've been known to have a bowl of each box in the pantry for dinner (back in the day). Lucky Charms, Captain Crunch (crunchberry, though peanut butter is tasty), Cocoa Pebbles, etc.

Surprisingly I still have all my teeth. Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
No love here for Apple Jacks?

Those used to be my favorite, even dry. These days, I can't handle all that sugar. Ah, well. They were good.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17470 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
There are days when I eat a traditional egg-meat-potato breakfast, and a cold bowl of cereal for dinner, skipping lunch.

^^^^^^^^
This!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2093 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I usually have some cold cereal at lunch and supper: Quaker “Old Fashioned” oatmeal. The average American diet is deficient in fiber, and oats are an excellent source of fiber – both soluble and insoluble. In fact, I eat it not only cold, but dry (uncooked). Tastes best to me that way – nut-like flavor.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8993 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an impulse buy of a box of chocolate and peanut butter Cheerios recently

They made a great dinner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't abide cold cereal, Cream of Wheat, oatmeal or any of those terrible things......but GRITS, yes sir!!

Posts: 6628 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a bowl of cold serial every so often but love my grits. There are so many ways to serve them and things to be served with them.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I don't like heavy food late anymore.
Effects my sleeping.
Pop tarts warmed upside down in toaster oven until brown, smear some butter on em, glass of milk, that's super.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
Frosted Mini Wheats with a hand full of raisins or craisins. In the aviation business late night arrivals with the family in bed usually calls for cold cereal. Sleep like a baby after that.

I like Mini Wheats too, about the only cereal I eat. I like other brands, but stick with Mini Wheats.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I can eat my cereal mix anytime.

My standard cereal mix - 1/2 cup frosted cheerios, 1/2 cup wheat chex, 1 cup original cheerios, 1/2 cup 1% milk.

Sometimes with a banana - a bit to the green side.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Back in 1973 in West Germany I was sometimes late getting to the Mess Hall to get the good cereal for breakfast. You know the Rice Crispy's or Frosted Flakes. So the only thing left was the 40% Brain Flakes and they tasted like cardboard but I was hungry. All these years later I'm still eating them and love them. Been so long they have changed the name and dropped the 40% part.

I'm out so right now I'm going to get a bowl of good ole hot grits

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
More often then not, I ate cold cereal at mid-rats before going on the 12 to 8 sift in the Navy. Sat a lot lighter than the other offerings.

Today it's a rarity for me to have cereal other than breakfast, but after this discussion I might put in the rotation. I surely would need to jazz it up with fruits, nuts and the like.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't even want cereal for breakfast. For dinner would likely have me reinacting taxi driver.

^^^I don't cook well at all, and I still eat better than that.^^

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2747 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
0050 hrs Pride,LA time and I"m having a bowl of Brain Flakes

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wife and I have scrambled eggs and sausage (or bacon) three or four times a month.

Doggies think it's heaven.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I had a "waffle supper" at Waffle House last night. Waffle with butter and (sugar-free) syrup, 2 scrambled eggs, 2 sausage patties, some sliced tomatoes (substitute for the grits and hash-browns), 2 slices of toast, and a large milk. Yummmm!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I had a "waffle supper" at Waffle House last night. Waffle with butter and (sugar-free) syrup, 2 scrambled eggs, 2 sausage patties, some sliced tomatoes (substitute for the grits and hash-browns), 2 slices of toast, and a large milk. Yummmm!

flashguy

^^^^^
AKA the "the cardiac special"

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Just had a roast beef and white american cheese omelet for dinner. The wife is out so I am on my own for dinner.

She is going to be pissed when she gets home and find out she missed out. Cool

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

All Star Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post