SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One Small Step for Man...49 Years Ago Today and Some Trivia
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One Small Step for Man...49 Years Ago Today and Some Trivia Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Bob Costas had a late night talk show during the 1980's that was pretty interesting, maybe because his head wasn't so swollen back then. He interviewed one person per night, as I remember.

One night he was interviewing some exceptionally hot and famous blonde, who claimed to have an ability to remember dates and events. He tossed our a couple dates, she came up with famous events that happened on those dates.

He said, "July 20, 1969" and she got all bent out of shape, angrily asked him how he knew that date. Flustered, Costas said it was the date of the moon landing, and asked what she remembered that date for.

Seems she had lost her virginity in the shower with her boyfriend about the time Armstrong landed on the other moon.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9379 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems she had lost her virginity in the shower with her boyfriend about the time Armstrong landed on the other moon.

Contact light
TOUCHDOWN
Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assuming we planted multiple US Flags on the moon, beyond the one the Lunar Module blew away during take off.

We see aerial photos of it from time to time.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
That tweet was awesome Smile

I wish our space program today had clear, defined goals like the moon shot. I wish it was covered more too. During my time in school it went from must see tv to meh, just another shuttle launch. Launches were so exciting. They would wheel the TV into the classroom, or we would all crowd into the cafeteria and stare breathlessly at the projector TV on the wall....good times.

Now I just need to finish saving up for my Speedmaster.....

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
also atlantis
It flew the very last shuttle mission, STS-35, touching down safely on July 21, 2011. On that mission, Atlantis brought the Raffaello multipurpose logistics module into space, as well as a bunch of spare parts

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post