SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Schlage lock experts on the board? (B365)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Schlage lock experts on the board? (B365) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
I've got a schlage keypad deadbolt that has been working great for nearly 5 years. Today the kids came home from school and simply twisted the the lock open, they did not have to use the keypad.

I checked it and with or without battery, the lock does not disengage and allow the "key" area to free float and spin once it has been locked.

Any ideas? Obviously not very secure if you do not need the code to open the thing. Here is the lock I have....

https://www.handymanhowto.com/...pad-deadbolt-part-2/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Is the top button stuck in the "mashed in" position?

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
I have the exact same model. Take it off the door and take the unit apart. What's probably happening is the mechanical key portion has failed, is stuck in the unlocked position or was installed wrong. It's pretty straightfoward once you get in there and it should be obvious what is causing the issue. If you still can't figure it out, pictures of the cylinder and additional description would be helpful but I'm sure you'll find it once it's broken down. I'm far from a locksmith and I had the exact same issue. It was fixed in 20 minutes.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The weakest part on similar Schlage lock is the T-bar or Driver Bar as they call it in the diagram. I had one break off on my front door and had to order one from ebay.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Schlage has videos on disassembly/troubleshooting on the website.

Also, their customer service is great.

About 6 months ago I called asking to buy some parts I needed for the exact same locks you have, and they just sent me the parts for free. I told them the problem was caused by me, and I was NOT making a claim that it was covered under warranty, and they still sent me the parts for free.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would just spend the $100 and buy a new one.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post