SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Video of breaking 2x4s and bending wrenches...using shins
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video of breaking 2x4s and bending wrenches...using shins Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted
The attached is from 2018, and I got it from a martial arts site that I bought access to just to get my old ass back in shape maybe - someday.

Say what you want, but even if it is fake it looks like it would hurt if you haven't put in a lot of work for a long time.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mikus36
posted Hide Post
No Thanks, In my country we use a saw....

"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"
The World is a combustible Place

Posts: 353 | Location: Washington | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Just watching that hurts!!!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Hostile Man Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Bill Cosby did a skit on this back in the 70s

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Must be a long-time Muay Thai guy. Muay Thai has a big focus on shin kicks. Over time, repeated impacts compress and strengthen the bone where the impacts happen (not just in shins, you can see this in many martial artists' knuckles).

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That didn't work out too well for Connor McGregor last weekend...... Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Over the years I have broken all those things with my shins, including a trailer hitch multiple times...Maybe not on purpose, but still...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
That didn't work out too well for Connor McGregor last weekend...... Big Grin

Yes, so I heard. That was the topic of the email I got this vid from as well. I didn't see the fight but I guess McGregor should have spent more time on leg days. Shins particularly.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Over the years I have broken all those things with my shins, including a trailer hitch multiple times...Maybe not on purpose, but still...

Are you sure it was the hitch that broke? It is possible that I have some experience in that area... Mad

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My memories of that exercise

OW, OW, Ow, ow,ow,ow,ow,ow,ow……

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pass. I bailed on Karate when it got to the point of punching tatami mats to toughen my hands. I cant imagine using my shins to hit boards.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Ow

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Connor McGregor needs to take lessons from this guy.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Must have been Harbor Freight wrenches… Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Must have been Harbor Freight wrenches… Big Grin

I take it you didn’t notice the screen name on that comment… Wink

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Turn that 2x4 90 degrees and then we will talk...
Smile

Posts: 585 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post