SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UN says "they own the science" for climate change
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UN says "they own the science" for climate change Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I own the science of the greatest chicken wings on earth. Will google now suppress all the other recipes that are less greatest than mine? What if other people feel my wings are not the greatest, will they be forced to accept my wings or will we have to have a cook off?

Posts: 1799 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Elites in private jets & motorcades telling the nobody’s they “own” the science. Duly noted.

Posts: 3145 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Not surprising, the type of money you can make you do not count it, you weigh it.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
All of your science are belong to us!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
What an arogenate bitch. Science was here long before you were even a twinkle in you father's eye. You of all people don't own anything except maybe your opinions which won't buy you anything other than perhaps a fat lip.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
We are very close to the time in our history where a bunch of people are going to learn a hard lesson.

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Dad was a Bircher when I was a kid. He stuck this on our front screen door.

I didn't understand what it meant way back then, but I dang sure do now.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Ms. Fleming holds a Master of Science in Journalism from the College of Communication, Boston University and a Bachelor of Arts in German Studies from Oberlin College.

Just as a thought, another minion

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Not surprising. Just more Orwellian nonsense to suppress discussion and make the sheep do/believe whatever the UN says.

If the science truly corroberated what they claim, they would never have a need to say this. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
If the UN “owns science,” then it isn’t “science” any longer, is it.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Oberlin College? That sounds really familiar. Perhaps she deserves benefit of the doubt. Hahaha, I crack myself up.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Well I admit I don't understand the Oberlin/journo/psuedo-scientist: Is she really that stupid, or does she think that we are that stupid or does she think that the u.n. followers are that stupid? It's all so confusing

I went to college a half century ago and one of the (few) things that stuck was in a physics class as a freaking freshman the prof said that half the things in science we believed to be correct 50 years before we know knew to be incorrect and he guaranteed us that in 25 years half the things he was teaching us would be obsolete.

The only thing I think he missed was that his calendar was slow. So if the u.n. chickee wants to own this science she can keep it because most of what they are shouting about is already demonstrably not true or accurate.

Historical/personal note: As a 4th grader I read in The Weekly Reader that 'acid rain' was a deadly threat. The details are long gone but the result of that read was tears and confusion and not wanting to go to school because we lived in Oregon and I had to walk in the rain and I didn't want to die. My grandmother read the thing, pronounced it baloney and walked to school with me without an umbrella. She didn't die, I was good to go. Bothered me for a couple of days though.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Since I own the science I wonder if I can sue her for copyright infringement.

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Its never been science since the beginning. When the IPCC meets work group 1 is the scientists. Work group 2 is the politicians. The two must reconcile before the report is written and issued.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post