SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there a radiologist, or someone who can read x-rays?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a radiologist, or someone who can read x-rays? Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
If it hurts when you move, breath, or just think about moving, you probably have broken ribs!

Concur.

Two broken, one cracked. I can tell the weather pretty good now. When they hurt, the weather is changing-usually storms.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11312 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I hope you feel better soon..that would seriously suck, esp right before TDay.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5364 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I quaffed 1000mg of ibuprofen every 4 hours...

If you were to take that every 4 hours for 24 hours, you would be taking almost twice the maximum daily dose (3200 mg) for an adult.

Posts: 7328 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
quote:
...I quaffed 1000mg of ibuprofen every 4 hours...

If you were to take that every 4 hours for 24 hours, you would be taking almost twice the maximum daily dose (3200 mg) for an adult.

800 is the dose Doc used to give us. Made us change our socks and drink water too.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11312 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
800 is the dose Doc used to give us. Made us change our socks and drink water too.

Yep, 800 mg every 6 hours would put you at the maximum recommended daily dosage.

Posts: 7328 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
As to how I broke them, coughing.

I had that happen to me with pneumonia once. Sad thing is, you just keep on coughing, only now, with 10x the pain.

Posts: 11401 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I broke one (or two?)in a water skiing fall several years ago.

My doctors advice; When you do something or move a way that hurts, don't do that. It will get better in a few weeks and in a few months you'll think completely healed. Then you will move in a way or do something that hurts. Don't do that either."

He was on point.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12462 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I've had broken and bruised ribs. The good news is it doesn't really matter if you do or don't, the treatment these days is just try to avoid doing anything that hurts while they heal on their own.

Both broken and bruised for me hurt pretty bad for a couple of months. The bruised ribs stopped hurting then almost overnight, the broken ones tapered off until I didn't notice anymore over 6 months or so.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3520 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

As to how I broke them, coughing.
Yeah, uh huh, that's your story and you're sticking to it?

Same excuse my younger used. He (a 200+ pound body builder) and his wife -- maybe 107 soaking wet -- were fooling around, "sparring," in the back yard. She cracked a few of his ribs. She was a kick-boxing instructor in a women's self-defense class.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30770 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
In 2006 I crashed my Harley, taken to University of Michigan hospital. X-rayed head to toe, nothing broken they say. Had a bad knee prior to crash and it was a bit worse. Had arthroscopic surgery about a week after. 3 weeks later the gash on my leg wasn't healing good so testing was done and showed I had 2 broken ribs in the back part.
Long story short:several Drs said broken ribs can be very difficult to see right away.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4142 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post