SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYC Mayor Adams apologizes for video boasting about being a better cop than ‘cracker’ colleagues
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYC Mayor Adams apologizes for video boasting about being a better cop than ‘cracker’ colleagues Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What do the black members think of all this?

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found the tone of his message offensive, not just the words. I have a neighbor just like him. Glad I do not live in NYC.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
What do the black members think of all this?
What should they think of it?

Posts: 107649 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I couldn't understand what he was saying at the end, but it sounded like he was taking 30% from the PD and giving to minority unemployment? If I heard that right I am much more offended by that than being called a cracker. Taking money to from the police and giving it to an unquantifiable goal? There are literally people dying in the streets and you want to take money from the PD?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20831 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
What shocks me is it got leaked, the Democrat machine is slipping and not controlling stuff like this, there hasn’t been a Republican mayor since 2002 and other than Staten Island there are few Republican officials in the city. Always heard he was a house mouse, desk warrior.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
"I was unbelievable in the Police Department."

I'll bet you were, Mr. Mayor. And you're just as unbelievable now.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2542 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Blacks cannot be racists. Only whites. I learned that from The Salvation Army. So nothing to see here. Just move along.

According to the recent definition of racism by the ADL (Anti-Defamation League), you would be correct.

A couple of years ago, their definition of racism was:

“Racism is the belief that a particular race is superior or inferior to another, that a person’s social and moral traits are predetermined by his or her inborn biological characteristics. Racial separatism is the belief, most of the time based on racism, that different races should remain segregated and apart from one another.”

Then it was updated to this up until literally a few days ago:

“The marginalization and/or oppression of people of color based on a socially constructed racial hierarchy that privileges white people.”

But yes, you heard that right, it had just been changed again to this:

Why? Well because of Whoopi Goldberg. Because according to the ADL's previous definition, Whoopi was 100% correct in the statement she made about the holocaust, even if it was grossly ignorant. So the ADL was forced to change their definition again. But notice that it is now the "Interim definition." Meaning of course that they will keep changing the definition of racism as it suits their needs.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30413 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Sounds like when he was a cop the cracker “customers” he was interacting with probably never got a break

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
It was pretty offensive.

But unforgiveable? Should he be cancelled? Maybe not. Maybe he's just another fallible human, a politician at that so more fallible than most, and maybe he can learn from being lambasted for saying something offensive. What did he do that was really contemptuous? He pandered to his audience and their racial composition to engender disrespect for another group - whites in this case. That's worse than my feelings being hurt by his words -- my feelings really aren't hurt that much at all, you gotta have thick skin to work and live this many years -- and have you ever listened to what blacks call each other? Everybody involved in public discourse seems to have become vulgar, rude, crude, boastful, snarky, and disrespectful.

I like the attitude of the Police unions/associations in NYC after this was revealed. They essentially said, it's wrong, he apologized and we accept that, and we are going to work with him in the future.

If Adams fails to make progress against the crime and racism (all kinds) in NYC, the video from 2019 will be remembered.

And I'm thinking, he is not DeBlasio, after all, the communist whose real name was Warren Wilhelm, so there's that going for the new Mayor.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The problem with this is, of course, the double standard and the hypocrisy, and I agree this jerk needs to be held accountable.

However, while we're on the subject- I don't give the first shit if someone wants to call me cracker, whitey, pinky, whatever. I'm not defined by the opinions of others. I know who and what I am, and my humanity is not dependent upon the labels others would choose to assign me. There's a whole Hell of a lot of people in this country who would do well to adopt this attitude, instead of the juvenile, reactionary posturing which seems to be all they know.

Oh, yes, the standard response to this is "white privilege. You've never known oppression." Hey, fool, neither have you. Who the fuck do you think you're fooling? Oh, "historical injustice," huh? You know nothing. Some of my ancestors were indentured servants, and later, some of them were poor-as-dirt sharecroppers who never had more than three dollars in their hand in their lives. Fuck you and your whiney bullshit. You're not oppressed and you are not behaving the way you are, in order to correct things that happened so long ago, everyone involved is now dead.

And by the way, before you start whining about slavery, you need to study history. All people have ancestors who were at some point enslaved, and were I you, I'd pay particular attention to how all those Africans got into the hands of all those slave traders. Those slavers didn't venture into the interior of Africa. Do you know what really happened? You wouldn't like to know, believe me, because it would shatter your illusions.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
As an Olliental I can't be a Lacist! Razz

Posts: 2544 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NYC Mayor Eric Adams suggests white reporters are racist in their coverage of bail reforms and surging crime and his story is being told by 'people who don't look like me: Threatens press boycott

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...NYC-crime-surge.html

New York Mayor Eric Adams blamed white reporters and editors for the negative press coverage over his fight on bail reform on Monday

Adams has spoken with state leaders to remove the state's cash bail system to help curb the ongoing crime surge in New York City

While he called the talks constructive, news outlets reported that he was unsuccessful, angering the mayor

Adams said news outlets were reporting through a white 'prism' and not writing stories for the New Yorkers he was fighting for

New York Mayor Eric Adams said white reporters and editors were misinterpreting stories about his fight to crackdown on woke state bail reform laws after his trip to Albany on Monday.

Adams, 61, met with Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins and Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie to discuss removing the cash bail system as the city faces a 40 percent surge in crime this year.

Although Adams claimed that the meeting was constructive, his visit was described as unsuccessful by both New York City tabloids after Assembly members said they would 'hold the line' on the bail reforms and Hochul announced that revisiting the law would likely not be included in this year's annual budget.

The Rupert Murdoch-owned New York Post ran a Page 2 story headlined 'Reform rollback hits Albany speed bump.' The usually left-friendly Daily News devoted even more ink, spreading a story across Pages 4 and 5 headlined 'Eric strikes out with Albany pols' in all capital letters.

The former cop, who was endorsed by both papers in his run for mayor, said: 'I went to the Assembly conference. People raised the issues that they had and we talked. Black mayor, black Speaker, black majority leader, coming together and talking to each other.'

'And if you would have turned on the news this morning, you would have said, "It was all hell up there."'

Adams suggested the negative coverage was due to a disconnect between New York City's second black mayor and white reporters and editors, and he threatened to stop speaking to the press and no longer accept off-topic questions if the negative coverage persisted.

'I'm not saying it out of hate, I'm saying it out of love,' Adams told reporters Tuesday afternoon. 'I’m a black man that’s the mayor, but my story is being interpreted by people who don’t look like me. We gotta be honest about that.'

He went on to question the racial composition of newsrooms.

'How many blacks are on editorial boards? How many blacks determine how these stories are being written?' he said.

'How many Asians? How many East Asians? How many South Asians? Everyone talks about my government being diversified, what’s the diversification in the newsrooms?'

During the press conference, Adams said that the stories written about his trip to Albany weren't made for the New Yorkers he was fighting for.

'You’re not writing for people who were almost homeless like me,' he said. 'You’re not writing for people who were arrested or beaten by police officers. You’re not writing stories for those who are dealing with high crime.

'You’re writing things from your prisms. And I’m not saying this to attack, but my administration is going to be about saying the obvious that other people are not comfortable saying.

'Discomfort is growth,' he added.

That's why I am covered the way I am covered,' he said. 'We really need to stop distorting the news.'

More at link.

Posts: 12704 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sooo, apparently Eric Adams IS a Racist, but he's only a 'Racist' out of love... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8921 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He's following in Mayor Lightfoot's footsteps, I see.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
'I'm not saying it out of hate, I'm saying it out of love,' Adams told reporters Tuesday afternoon. 'I’m a black man that’s the mayor, but my story is being interpreted by people who don’t look like me. We gotta be honest about that.'
This has got to be the most stupid comment I've heard in months, but exactly what I expected from this nitwit. This guy is going to be an absolute disaster for NYC. Just another example of what equal opportunity hiring gets you.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
As an Olliental I can't be a Lacist! Razz

But you can be ricist.... Razz

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'I'm not saying it out of hate, I'm saying it out of love,' Adams told reporters Tuesday afternoon. 'I’m a black man that’s the mayor, but my story is being interpreted by people who don’t look like me. We gotta be honest about that.' ...

Wow! I wonder how those people are going to interpret it come next election?

My take on it is- People in NYC were sick of the rising crime rate across the city, so they elected a Cop. Thankfully he's black. So that doesn't make white people racist, and blacks not sell-outs.
YAAYYY FOR THE BIG APPLE!
How (disgustingly) progressive!

When this shit blows up in their faces come summertime, I wonder what they're going to do.

"They" being the Mayor, and his people,
"They" also being the Voters...
"They" also being the Criminals...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The people of NYC voted for him so live with the consequences of their voting. Just stay out of Florida.

Posts: 13132 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I know is I won't be anywhere near NYC this summer.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
'I'm not saying it out of hate, I'm saying it out of love,' Adams told reporters Tuesday afternoon.
Fertilizer