SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Big Cuts Coming For CNN+ After Slow Start
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Cuts Coming For CNN+ After Slow Start Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Awwwwwwwwww...and to think that douchebag Chris Wallace just started working there too!

Who in their right mind thought creating a pay streaming service of something people don't even want to watch for free (as part of a cable bundle) was a good idea? Roll Eyes

Big cuts coming for CNN+ after slow start

Posts: 34120 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
karma is a real bitch, as is Chrissy Wallace

Posts: 53425 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I've begun following a number of 'alternative' online/streaming news sources, and it's overwhelming apparent the legacy media has no clue how to function and compete in that space. Ultimately, Zucker's arrogance and ego cost CNN a ton of coin with CNN+. Oh well.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44083 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see in the linked article that the consulting firm McKinsey was involved in the projections. I worked on a huge strategic project at my last job that was led by them. To say I was unimpressed would be an understatement. Their recommendations and projections were all smoke and mirrors back of the napkin monkey math. Total snake oil salesmen. To sum it up, we paid them millions to tell us essentially that 1 plus 1 could equal 3. But in the end, we were lucky if it added up to 1.5. Almost everything they recommended was a complete failure. Senior leadership ultimately took the fall for it, but the consultants were long gone with their money by then.

Posts: 2510 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Maybe they could create a deal where they are the exclusive broadcast news in every airport in the USA. That would save them for sure. We know it's not a matter of credibility nor political bias....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29796 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I love fiction and fantasy but I already subscribe to two sources that supply that.

Posts: 7432 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I've begun following a number of 'alternative' online/streaming news sources, and it's overwhelming apparent the legacy media has no clue how to function and compete in that space. Ultimately, Zucker's arrogance and ego cost CNN a ton of coin with CNN+. Oh well.

The worst thing about leftists and their penchant for destroying everything they touch, is that they rarely have to live under or feel the effects of the destruction they cause. I suspect anyone with a "name" for themselves at CNN is already wealthy enough to withstand any kind of contraction at the company. It's going to be all the regular plebes that carry 80% of the load over there that will feel any kind of financial drawback.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9174 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
“He’s dead Jim.”

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Point being, how could they offer a plus version of something that is a minus?

Most of the talking heads are being outed as disneys and the lack of non mandatory viewership is in such a decline they wouldn't be on the air except for some deep pockets money source who's more interested in their propaganda continuing than their viability as a news source.

But, if the money goes to broadcast that's money not paying illegals to cross our border.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Want to hear big cuts coming to CNN. That's real news. CNN+ nonsense was doomed before it even started. Dumbest business idea ever, but not a surprise coming from these commies.

Q

Posts: 26847 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you figure all the businesses(airports) that just leave it on how many people actually sit down and watch that drivel in their living room. The numbers for that have to be abysmal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3958 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
For some reason Nelson from the simpsons comes to mind.

Ha Ha

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Want to hear big cuts coming to CNN. That's real news. CNN+ nonsense was doomed before it even started. Dumbest business idea ever, but not a surprise coming from these commies.
Stay tuned, they're coming.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was a short gig Ms Wallace. What's next? Co-hosting with the Red Witch (Melisandre)- Jen Psaki on MSNBC?

Posts: 1459 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Maybe he'll join Megyn Kelly.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5447 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
CNN+ reportedly draws fewer than 10,000 daily viewers

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30591 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It's like watching a puddle evaporate on a hot sidewalk.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29796 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm sure everyone will be keeping them in their prayers. Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20928 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/the-...ns-over-cnn-failure/

Chris Wallace ‘Having Daily Breakdowns’ over CNN+ Failure

Former Fox News anchor Chris Wallace has reportedly been breaking down in front of his crew over the “miserable failure” of the new streaming platform CNN+.

News of this disaster has not been well-received by Chris Wallace, who left Fox News in late-2021 to join CNN+, and he has reportedly voiced this frustration to his staffers, according to reporter Jon Nicosia.

“SOURCE: Chris Wallace is ‘having daily breakdowns’ over the ‘miserable launch’ of [CNN+],” Nicosia announced. “Wants a ‘CNN show or is threatening to walk’ they go on. ‘He is having staffers count how many times a day his promo is playing.'”

The source also reportedly told Nicosia that Wallace is “telling anyone that will listen he wants” Chris Cuomo’s old time slot.

Posts: 19674 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post