SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Big Cuts Coming For CNN+ After Slow Start
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Cuts Coming For CNN+ After Slow Start Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
CNN+ reportedly draws fewer than 10,000 daily viewers

That’s the answer I was looking for. Even worse than I imagined.

Posts: 3954 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/the-...ns-over-cnn-failure/

Chris Wallace ‘Having Daily Breakdowns’ over CNN+ Failure

Former Fox News anchor Chris Wallace has reportedly been breaking down in front of his crew over the “miserable failure” of the new streaming platform CNN+.

News of this disaster has not been well-received by Chris Wallace, who left Fox News in late-2021 to join CNN+, and he has reportedly voiced this frustration to his staffers, according to reporter Jon Nicosia.

“SOURCE: Chris Wallace is ‘having daily breakdowns’ over the ‘miserable launch’ of [CNN+],” Nicosia announced. “Wants a ‘CNN show or is threatening to walk’ they go on. ‘He is having staffers count how many times a day his promo is playing.'”

The source also reportedly told Nicosia that Wallace is “telling anyone that will listen he wants” Chris Cuomo’s old time slot.

Most likely manufactured drama to get people paying attention to CNN or CNN+.

Who here watches news, not reads, but actually watches news video through an app, Fox, CNN, or other news source, doesn't matter the source.

I know I don't, wife uses the Fox News app to read. If everyone did it would be like having a room full of contractors with Nextel phones going off on 2-way, rude and irritating if people were playing the news through speakers, you'd want a headset for sure.

Still CNN sucks.

Posts: 23735 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
How much fewer than 10,000 is what I'd like to know.

Posts: 4143 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Where is Jerry Seinfeld saying that’s a shame ?

Posts: 3184 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
has it failed yet? are people getting refunds on their subscriptions?

Posts: 53383 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost a week old but, fun to hear all the statistics that CNN/Time-Warner threw at this platform

Posts: 14793 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
CNN+ reportedly draws fewer than 10,000 daily viewers

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Should be called CNN-

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
CNN has been hemorrhaging audience for a couple years or more, have they not? I can't imagine what in blazes made them think launching a streaming service was going to be a winner.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Crazy people aren't rational, simple as that.

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Investment divided by total yearly viewers at 10K a day comes out to $27 and change per view for the first year (assuming they can make it a full year).

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15771 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34075 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Razz Chris Wallace must me sobbing uncontrollably right now! Razz Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9064 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder who the supposed 10,000 daily viewers are assuming they actually exist. Maybe Disney employees

Posts: 785 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The Most Busted Name in News!

Posts: 9223 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

CNN+ To Cease On Thursday, Two Days Earlier Than Announced
By Ted Johnson
April 27, 2022 3:24pm

CNN+ will be discontinued on Thursday, two days earlier than was initially announced last week.

An email to subscribers pegged the end date as April 28, according to The Verge, and a support page on CNN.com also said that the service will discontinued then.

“After April 28, 2022, the CNN+ daily and weekly shows, Interview Club, and the on-demand library of CNN Original Series and Films will no longer be available,” the message reads.
Full story: CNN+ To Cease On Thursday, Two Days Earlier Than Announced

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^ related

https://www.breitbart.com/the-...lier-than-scheduled/

After spending around a half-billion — with a “B” — dollars, CNN, a far-left propaganda outlet that spreads political violence and conspiracy theories, launched CNN+ on March 29.

The result? Well, because they couldn’t get enough of CNN’s smug assholes on regular old CNN, tens of people signed on for the CNN+ streaming channel. Apparently, there are a few people in America desperate to be deceived by Kate Bolduan, Wolf Blitzer, Jake Tapper, Brian Stelter, and Fareed Zakaria at such a level that the deception on CNN wasn’t enough.

Additionally, Kasie Hunt was brought over from MSNBC.

Chris Wallace, the only Fox News anchor with failing ratings, was also a CNN+ hire, and now he says his future is uncertain, which is exactly the future he deserves.

Best of all, toxic narcissist Jemele Hill has failed at yet another fake news outlet desperate to force her racism on the rest of us.

The result of all this money and “talent?” According to one report, only 4,000 viewers were tuning in to CNN+ at any given time.

CNN released a statement explaining how the tens of people who paid that $2.99 subscriptions fee will be refunded:

CNN+ streaming will come to an end on April 28, 2022. If you purchased your subscription directly from us, we will be providing a full refund for your subscription fee back to your original CNN+ payment method by May 28, 2022. If you purchased your subscription via a third party, such as Apple, Google, Roku, or Amazon, that third party will process a full refund of your subscription fee in accordance with their respective refund policies and timelines. You can confirm the details of those refunds directly with the applicable third-party app store provider.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Chris Wallace ... says his future is uncertain, which is exactly the future he deserves.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
well, apparently he has decided to take his toys and relocate 'his' show from CNN to HBO Max

news flash Chrissy

if I haven't subscribed to HBO Max because of the movies, I'm certainly not going to subscribe because you're there...

Posts: 53383 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like little Chrissy pooed the screwch.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29786 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post