SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    35 years of safe drinking water theory shot 2 Hell ( long by bendable standards)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

35 years of safe drinking water theory shot 2 Hell ( long by bendable standards) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
thanks gustofer, that was good stuff

reason # 6 to take a 230 gr. pill in the face

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54659 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never drink water, it is full of hydroxic acid and dihydrogen monoxide!

Hell, water is more acidic than ammonia!!! Or even bleach!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:

I thought WC Fields taught us that it was because fish fuck in it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:

Hell, water is more acidic than ammonia!!! Or even bleach!
Technically, pure water is neither acidic or basic--its pH is 7.0. It certainly is "more acidic" than ammonia, which is a fairly strong Base, and also than bleach, which is also strongly basic. If one wants to look at the other side of things, water is much less acidic than vinegar, carbonated beverages, most fruits, and stomach digestive fluid.

Pure water is the standard neutral against which the acidity and basicity of other substances are measured.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Plastic in my body.....now I know why I can’t poop!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4840 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been in the "potable water" industry for nearly 30 years now. The things that people lose their minds over in connection to their drinking water never ceases to amaze me.

Oh my I heard chlorine is a potential carcinogen. It probably is, along with most everything else in our lives these days. Familiar with cholera? No, well chlorine(or chloramines-whole other panic attack) prevent it and have. It kills you in days not decades and prefers the young, old and weak. Pick your poison.

Oh My Lead. Normal water, that should have a nearly neutral pH will pickle and seal the lead in lead pipe, bronze and brass fittings, solder and copper. The only time that lead is an issue is when water is improperly treated for potable consumption. Corrosive (very basic or acidic) water generally comes into play when there are lead or copper issues. FLINT

Rant over. Down from soapbox.

I find water from the garden hose, from galvanized pipes, from a home with a 100 year old lead service line to taste the best. Only way to make it better is if it comes from a wooden water main. Yes, folks it's still out there and is generally well over a hundred years old.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

you didn't mention distilled.

whats your take on distilled?

Posts: 54659 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now !
they found out that its also in Tooth paste that include abrasives for whiter teeth.

at least in P&G products
http://dentalpatientnews.com/w...-contain-microbeads/

posted Hide Post
When drinking water while outside, would it be better from a rubber hose, a plastic hose, or straight from the hose bibs?
Many white hoses used in the RV or camping stores are labelled as safer for potable water! Are they actually better than the green, red, orange, or black hoses?
Maybe just stick to galvanzed buckets, rather than ????

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised that no one mentioned drinking well water...much safer and taste great!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6327 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I'm happy to be living in a country where the tap water is, for the most part, both safe and relatively tasty. When I was growing up, one did not see people carrying around plastic bottles of water and drinking from them all the time. If one was thirsty, one either got a glass of water from the tap or from a drinking fountain (some called it a "bubbler"). No one worried all the time about dying of dehydration--one simply drank when thirsty. This fanaticism about always having water on your person is way overblown. (On a hike, or auto trip--yeah; around town--nope.)

flashguy

when I was a kid the biggest source of drinking water when we were outside was the garden hose

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
I'm surprised that no one mentioned drinking well water...much safer and taste great!

I drink it every day

from a 300' deep well,

tasty

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
There's a lot of evidence that drinking distilled water isn't good for you long term. Among these are that its somewhat on the acidic side, plus it may cause electrolyte imbalances as it contains none of the minerals we routinely get from water. People desiring pure drinking water are recommended to use reverse osmosis, not distillation.

RO is pretty much going to remove all the healthy stuff in water as well. Sure you can drink it, but it typically needs to be built back up with mineral additions if you are going to be using it for most purposes.

Some of the RO drinking water systems now have a post-filtration step that adds the minerals back. It works well for us.

Posts: 2368 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post