SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well yesterday was one of those days! UPDATE: And the freaking Saga continues!!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Well yesterday was one of those days! UPDATE: And the freaking Saga continues!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
The new to me van I ordered arrived. Prior to agreeing to shipment I asked MANY specific questions in regard to physical exterior condition as picture don't always show.
I asked about any major scuffs or blemishes SPECIFICALLY on all 4 corners of the bumpers. Was told none and no other noticeable blemishes.
Well I go to pick up the van and there is a HUGE scuff and guage in the front right bumper. Not a touch up job would certainly need to be resprayed.
The driver side sliding door had been resprayed a noticeable different silver color as had the hood. The hood emblem had been removed for paint and when they reapplied th glue ran down the hood and the grill.
The local folks were top notch and handled everything great. They were pretty frustrated with the dealer that sent the van especially since all my questions were documented. All of these things were certainly noticeable from feet away.
So the search continues for a van.

We ordered a bed and mattress last weekend during the Presidents' Day spectacular sales. The bed could not be delivered because the footboard was damaged at the warehouse.

The mattress arrived so we plopped it on the floor. It is a king and looked bigger than the queen we replaced.
Well I got in bed for the evening and something did not feel quite right. My feet were dangling off the end. That only happens on a twin and full.
Figure we have the mattress turned so I try the other way and sure enough my feet dangle off the end that way too.
It was late and I was tired still a bit pissed about the van and just wanted to sleep. But my feet dangling off was really bothersome.
Got out of bed and grabbed the tape measure, 74"x74". Last I checked including Sealy's own website a King size bed is 76"x80".

So needless to say it was one of those days!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Hang in there but you are correct about yesterday. It sounds more like a bitch of a day too me. Smile

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1482 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It was sure a nice Winter day though.

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
If you use CarGurus for your area, there are 60 cars listed within 75 miles. I would check the ones that meet your criteria and go see them in person. FWD...49 available.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/...filtersModified=true

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I'm having one of those years so far, unfortunately

So far, to date....

1). My oldest son broke my washing machine, which cost more to repair than replace

2). My sump pump blew and had to be replaced

3) through the course of blowing it shorted out the electrical to that half of the basement and had to be rewired

4) my vaccine refrigerator at my business blew with roughly $300k worth of vaccines in it

5). The pressure regulator on my plumbing blew, which caused my heater to blow, which resulted in roughly $3000 repair

And then yesterday I was driving to see my oldest son play basketball and was stopped in traffic when a woman not paying attention plowed into the back of my 4 month old Mustang at 40 mph

Thanks Oba...wait...I mean...Trump!

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I'm having one of those years so far, unfortunately

So far, to date....

1). My oldest son broke my washing machine, which cost more to repair than replace

2). My sump pump blew and had to be replaced

3) through the course of blowing it shorted out the electrical to that half of the basement and had to be rewired

4) my vaccine refrigerator at my business blew with roughly $300k worth of vaccines in it

5). The pressure regulator on my plumbing blew, which caused my heater to blow, which resulted in roughly $3000 repair

And then yesterday I was driving to see my oldest son play basketball and was stopped in traffic when a woman not paying attention plowed into the back of my 4 month old Mustang at 40 mph

Thanks Oba...wait...I mean...Trump!

Trump? Wait...I mean...Politics?? Why??? Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
It's a joke dude....it has nothing to do with politics

You stub your toe...thanks Obama!..or now Trump

It has nothing to do with politics

It's a nonsensical way of dealing with shit that is absolutely unrelated to the person you're blaming it on

We also blame my kids' Uncle Brian a lot...

I get people bring politics into threads too much

This isn't it

Do you really think I'm trying to blame my water heater blowing on the current President?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I am going to offer up this, concerning the van, to the OP..we both seem to have a like for this vehicle and I rather fine tooth comb many on line. I look in the '07 and '08 years as this is where my money will take me in the future. A new Sienna is out of my reach.

With that, I scower the photos for body blems and, those which have been operated by bad drivers will show, I avoid those.

The over all paint condition had best show it was taken care of and protected from mother nature or, I avoid this.

Any dealer who has a reconned van which is shiney but wearing cheap ass rubber is a sneak. It damn well better have quality branded tires or I'm not interested.

I have givin up on leather interiors materials so the cloth of Toyota is good where I'm concerned. That said, it best be clean like new, no smokers burns or filth of any kind, it had better not bare odors from people or pets.

You know well how to eval the mechanics of the vehicle such as brakes, exhausts, engine lights, lower body panels which some drivers damage by driving onto or over things, parking monules and the like.

Open that hood to see the health of the engine compartment, reconned or no? Leaks, rust, damage, worn out, you know Black92.

Got maintainence records? Crash reports?

Dont be buying sight unseen, drivin and looked into fine tooth comb...savvy? In this investment, I expect better of you sir because I read you as a smart individual. Kind regards.

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Looks like the van situation turned out alright.
Had to go to Cincy for the nephews birthday and found a 2014 XLE with navigation and 33k Toyota CPO. Originally bought at this dealer, all maintenance done here at this dealer, clean car fax.
Better van than yesterday and even a couple grand cheaper.

————————————————

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed. A beautiful and very useful ride. Cant wait to see some pics.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
No pics yet? Wink

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
The bed arrived today in good order. Though they only give you THREE slats. No way that is going to cut it so I went out to Lowes got me some wood and cut a whole bunch more slats and center supports.
Then bought big thick movers blanket and we have ourselves a redneck mattress foundation for $30 and not $300 that a boxspring cost.

I spent all afternoon crafting that in anticipation for the mattress of the correct size to arrive.

The new mattress arrives and we plop it on the bed that measures just over 80" long and there is a huge freaking gap at the end of the bed.
Grab the tape measure and sure enough it is 77" long granted not the 80" as advertised.
So the delivery guy takes pictures and puts a refusal note in the system and since this is mattress number 2 I am pretty fired up so I go straight to the store.
Their response is that 77" is industry standard. I ask then why do they advertise the king size matress to be 76"x80" no disclaimer about an "industry standard" they say well that is the measurement for the bed and not the mattress.

quote:
King Mattress Size: 76” x 80”

Extra width can mean a lot to sleepers. Two people can have considerable space with a king or “Eastern/standard king” mattress, which can help with a good night of sleep. If there is enough room for a king size mattress, it is the mattress of choice for households with its maximum personal sleeping space.

That is quoted directly from the mattress stores site. No mention of bed size or industry standard.

So what does Sealy's site have to say.
quote:
King 79" 75.75"
Dimensions of each individual mattress may vary.

They add a little caveat there on the site. So I am going to call them Monday to see how much the mattresses can vary.

Seems interesting to me though that the width has yet to vary on either mattress.

And my HIDs and LEDs arrived for the van today but of course had no time to install them.
Though I did get to haul a load of wood in it that I could not have done in my old vehicle.

————————————————

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I could understand a memory foam being plus/minus a half inch, but would expect a conventional mattress to be even tighter tolerance. I too would refuse a bed 3" short of industry standard dimensions.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23084 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post