SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Selected rebut10 ! Karma ... 1966 slim Gillette razor with package of Feather blades
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selected rebut10 ! Karma ... 1966 slim Gillette razor with package of Feather blades Login/Join 
Banned for
showing his ass
posted
Karma is a 1966 Gillette slim double edge razor with a package of Feather blades made in Japan. This is from my personal collection.

This is not a computer pick, decision based on response.

Tell me why you want this razor and blades as well as the soap that you would use to shave with.

This karma will run for about a week or so ...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old dino,

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Powers77:
Would love a shot at a classic DE razor. I got into them 6-7 years ago and now prefer them.
I personally use Creamo at home and Shave Secret when I travel. Really like the Creamo Amber Red.
Current collection is a Merkur and an Edwin Jager.
I've always wanted to try a classic design and have looked in antique shops a few times with no success.
Thanks for the consideration.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave up shaving cream 15 years ago. I shave everyday just about. I use a bar of my wife's Ivory bar soap to lather up with. Works like a charm.
I'll pass on the razor and blades. Thanks for offering it up. Someone will love receiving it.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 125 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
A king among Gillette razors. I've none close to it other than a Gillette New (1930) long comb I got from a friend of my late father.
I've never used the Feather blades. Read much about how they are sharpest and I'm not sure how much hype accompanies them.

While I have an adjustable late model Parker Variant, I've been curious about the Gillettes.

What would I use w/ it for the first shave? I Karma'd my old Williams Tonsorial pucks away so I think I'd go w/ my D.R. Harris Marlborough shave soap. I might even break out my grandfather's Ever-Ready boar brush.
And a Gillette Silver Blue blade.

Thank you for the chance.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OOOOOO... Yes please. I have been using a replica made in India. I would love a shot at the real deal.

Thank you for the chance.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Excellent karma, I shaved with this exact combo a few hours ago! Don't include me, the winner is gonna love this. Whoever wins should check out 911 Boss' thread "Today's Shave" for further discussion. Smile

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have never shaved with a genuine Gillette razor, but using feather blades in my Merkur razors creates the closest shave I have ever experienced. I would love a chance to experience it from a true Gillette razor like one I remember my grandfather used when I was a child.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
YES!!!
I used this type of razor now!

I use a 1973 Schick Krona now. I have a 1966 Gilette Adjustable in my rotation too.
I collect them.

I shave in the shower with just plain old shaving cream.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
I'd like to try it out. My uncle worked at the Gillette facility in South Boston in the mid '60s and may have had a hand in making this razor. I also have solid respect for Japanese steel.

As for soap, I went through a straight razor faze in the '80s and used Paraso and Taylor and would probably go with one of those. I think I preferred the Talor Sandalwood but both brands made for a great shave.

Thanks for a chance old dino.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The razor offered is an interesting design.
IIRC, supposed to have a range that covered the three flare tip razors (silver, blue and red).

Since I settled on an 1940's Ambassador for daily use, I gave one away to a young man looking for cheaper and better shaving experience.

This is a fine offer to a fortunate recipient! Since I went DE, never looked back at cartridges, and much happier for it.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Excellent karma, I shaved with this exact combo a few hours ago! Don't include me, the winner is gonna love this. Whoever wins should check out 911 Boss' thread "Today's Shave" for further discussion. Smile

Thanks Smudge ... ! And agree, 911Boss shaving thread is a must read.

And these Feather blades are wicked sharp ! Don't put any pressure on the razor, as the weight of the razor is all that is needed.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Don’t enter me in your great Karma, I have a 1963 Slim Adjustable (same qtr manufacture as me!). Nice razor.

Still looking to find a good condition Fat Boy Adjustable though… Wink

I tried the feather blades, drew wayyy too much blood for my sparse baby face. Probably better for more manly men with thick coarse hair, otherwise overkill.

Glad folks are appreciating my thread, I need to post in it a little more often.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
The plan is to let this run for a couple more days ... and since I have a minor surgery tomorrow, I will have my wife read and select the karma.

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
The plan is to let this run for a couple more days ... and since I have a minor surgery tomorrow, I will have my wife read and select the karma.

Hoping your surgery goes well.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Last night my wife sat down and read the responses while she babysat me after my surgery ... and she selected "rebut10".

rebut10, please send me your mailing address (email in my profile) and I will have the razor and blades sent off to you pronto.

Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
WOW...Thank you sir. Email inbound.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Got it, thanks ... will send by Monday, unless I jailbreak from this surgery before then.

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
rebut10 ...

I am in the process of boxing up your razor. The razor is from my collection from at least 20+ years or more ago and has never been used by me. It is clean and sanitized.

Feeling a lot better from my surgery and itching to get out ... will have it mailed off to you by Monday at the latest.

Keeping you updated, as do not want to keep you wondering.

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Mailed this morning ... tracking number sent !

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Here is the link to 911Boss "Today's Shave" thread ...

Today's Shave