SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dad went to spend eternity with Mom last night- Thank you everyone!!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dad went to spend eternity with Mom last night- Thank you everyone!! Login/Join 
posted
Title pretty much sums it up

An amazing father, husband, mentor and hero to my brother and I

An avid shooter and reloader

Dad has been a lurker on the forum for just about as long as I’ve been a member

He is where he needs to be, at peace, out of pain, and most importantly with the lady whom was his world again (mom passed almost 10 yrs ago)

Here is a little background for those interested

https://www.govexec.com/magazi...2/david-bolka/16018/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: snwghst,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6234 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is tough to lose such a friend. Now he is out of pain and rehashing old times with friends.
Time to step up and try to fill his shoes.

My Dad was a great man too. Too few ever knew it.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

Posts: 26922 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our condolences.

Posts: 2544 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear of this. My condolences to you and your family.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I echo those offering condolences to you and your family. Never an easy time. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16232 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
So sorry that you and your brother lost a mentor and friend. I am Happy that he gets back to be with mom. I am not typically good at this but please know my heart is in the right place. John.

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences for your loss.

Posts: 1756 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 3731 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Your Dad sounds like a wonderful man, father and husband as well as a patriot...I know he will be missed by those who loved him but continue to take peace that he is with your Mom...
You, your brother and family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like quite a life and well lived. My condolences.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16102 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Your father sounds like he was a remarkable man. May he rest in peace and be with his wife forever.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 5697 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss and condolences to you and your family. It sounds like you'll have a lot of fond memories.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's really hard to lose one of your hero's. You have my condolences. May your father RIP.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Title pretty much sums it up

My condolences Frown

quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Here is a little background for those interested

https://www.govexec.com/magazi...2/david-bolka/16018/

Wow. What a heckuva career!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss. Been there done that. Hang in there.

Posts: 6016 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
May his memory be a blessing

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11293 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for you and your dad. He was indeed an amazing man, my condolences on your loss.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post