SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NASCAR- horrible woke fools
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NASCAR- horrible woke fools Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If they hadn't suspended him, I wouldn't have seen the meme. So, they kinda defeated their own purpose.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Not sure how NASCAR survives. It's pretty clear they loathe their own history and detest their own fans.

Yes sir kind of like the bud light group. Don't understand how people could even think about paying money to go to a nascar race these days.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched a race since my daughter turned 1, but not for the lack of wanting to. You just get busy.

Fuck all of these stupid assholes for ruining everything. I guess I'll catch Indy when I can, but that's sure to get the fun sucked out of it too.

Posts: 5228 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I wonder if the invisible hand of the market will eventually provide a non woke alternative to nascar? It would be awesome if something that is the anthesis of woke started a racing series.

We used to have USAC but no longer. Looks like that organization only deals with Sprint Cars anymore.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if the invisible hand of the market will eventually provide a non woke alternative to nascar? It would be awesome if something that is the anthesis of woke started a racing series.
SRX is trying, with some current and former NASCAR drivers like Ken Schrader, Bobby Labonte, Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, and drivers from other racing series.

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I like car racing. But have hardly watched any Nascar for about five years. Don't miss it either.
Did not know about SRX. Hopefully a network will pick them up. I could see fans migrating there and drop Nascar completely.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19761 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up on SRX! I hadn’t heard of them before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I haven’t watched a race since maybe 2 years into the Car of Tomorrow. To me, it was no longer stock car racing when all the cars were the same and the only thing that was different from one brand to another was some stickers. After all the woke crap that has infected NASCAR, I’ve paid no attention to it, and don’t think I could even name one driver. In retrospect, I’d say the beginning of the end was when it stopped being known as the Winston Cup Series.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5617 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Bring back Don Garlits!

quote:
Originally posted by hurstolds1:
Done with NASCAR. The only professional sport I watch is NHRA!

Posts: 2060 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
SRX is trying, with some current and former NASCAR drivers like Ken Schrader, Bobby Labonte, Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, and drivers from other racing series.

I just watched them race on a local track here, Berlin Raceway. ESPN carried it and it was a pretty good race.
I stopped watching Nascar a decade or more ago but it was fun seeing some familiar faces.

Posts: 7489 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
That odor you are smelling is the stink of desperation, one of the foulest scents known to man. Worse than burnt rubber, spilled racing fuel, or even Bud Light. NASCAR got addicted to the huge increase in fans and TV revenue that occurred during the 90's, and are still thrashing trying to regain it. Their strategy (which is proving to be flawed) has been to grow the fan base by attracting non-traditional viewers, which in this case are anybody other than the good old Southern boys that founded the sport. Such disasters as Danica Patrick, "Bubba" Wallace, and the so-called youth movement (pushing teenage drivers into their major series) are the result. Their woke stance is aligned with this, they are terrified of losing youthful fans over a perception of the wrong political alignment. It is pathetic to see the grown men ostensibly running the sport to be so fearful of leftists, trannies, and militant lesbians. I cannot blame long-time fans from wanting to avoid this stench, but the bottom line is the same as all bottom lines, it is about the money, most especially TV money. The attendance revenue is a pittance in comparison, although the traditional funding sources (team and driver sponsorships) is still a major contributor, and responsible for much of the woke perspective that has come to pollute the sport.

When will they wake up from their self-delusion? Certainly not before the money starts fading away. However, it has been my observation that nothing reinforces a faith-based belief like evidence that the belief is not supported by reality, so who knows. I expect things will get much worse before they get better.

Posts: 6789 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Go watch IMSA. I haven’t noticed any wokeness yet but I’m also not really looking for it. Fun to watch. Took my son to rolex24 this year. Tickets were about 150 each if I recall. Fill out access for practice days. Wandered the outs. Got autographs, bought t shirts and drank a few beers. It was a great weekend and I’ll be doing it again next year. Epic bonding with my 13 year old son. Ps the sound on the new Cadillac will make you shit your pants.

Caddy

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5182 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the hoards of woke, liberal, rainbow warrior NASCAR fans will applaud and support this decision.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38243 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another lost fan from 2000.

I remember Richard Petty saying,”David Pearson passed me smoking a cigarette in turn two.”

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched since my father died in 1994.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34419 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of bullshit all this woke crap is.
I’m tired of this POS career criminal being held up like some kind of great human being.
I work in a woke school district and I’m happy to be retiring in a month.
I can probably be fired for what I just said LOL.

Posts: 1701 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:

Watch IndyCar. Just hard racing on ovals, street circuits, and road courses. If they could do some marketing to grow the sport, it would help a lot.

Also, IMSA is owned by the France Family, although it seems like it's run by the members that are race fans instead of whatever passes for NAPCAR today.

Posts: 4448 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm done with all of the fancy pants team racing . If you have to conform with all of the woke bullshit just to be allowed to drive is beyond ridiculous . I watch the street racers now .

Posts: 4271 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I had season tickets at Richmond and Martinsville for years, the last straw was stopping pace laps in support of BLM. I haven’t watched a race since.

I drove by the Richmond track a couple of months ago and saw they have removed well over half the grandstands they used to have.

They lost most of their traditional fan base around here by going Woke.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
I had season tickets at Richmond and Martinsville for years, the last straw was stopping pace laps in support of BLM.
I don't get it. What's the connection?

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post