SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does your mate ever chide you in a fun way?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does your mate ever chide you in a fun way? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
One day last week The Lovely Girlfriend and I were headed out for a bit. As we passed by the laundry room she pointed out that the light was on. I said something to the effect of, "yeah, that's my reminder that there are clothes in the dryer."

And with that beautiful smile of hers she looked up at me and said,"are they scared of the dark?" Razz

"Just delightful," she is. *

- - - -

* "Just delightful." My mother's description of her, upon meeting her. Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
Every day that ends in "Y", although she usually finds more amusement in it than I.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I thought clothes stayed in the dryer until it was time to wear them.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
I thought clothes stayed in the dryer until it was time to wear them.

Mine usually did when I was a bachelor.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Nothing immediately jumps to mind, but always, in both directions.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
The chiding is omnidirectional in our household, although I probably deserve it more.

Posts: 3149 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
My wife told me "You can be such an ass!"

I thanked her for giving me permission.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very rarely,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Its kind of a way of life between us.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3852 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It goes both ways.

“I’m mad at you.”

“Again or still?”

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
she's a formidable opponent!!

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"First thing I learned about Indian fighting is, wait for daylight."

If you remember the following lines, you'll get the picture.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
We chide each other a lot. I have a sister where the family chides each other a lot too.

You only chide the one you love.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
It is a way of life. A nice aspect of relationships and a fun way of laughing at yourself.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does your mate ever chide you in a fun way?
Fun for her, not so much for me. Not to say that I don't deserve everything she hands out, in fact she is very kind. Of course, that just makes it worse.

Posts: 6476 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
If you can call nagging, whining and complaining "chiding" then yes. Frown

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Our kids joked that we were "the teasing family", so you can probably guess.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
If you can call nagging, whining and complaining "chiding" then yes. Frown

Sorry my friend. That really sucks.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 65 my mind is a full of memory when it comes down to some things, but I forget recent things and she chides me. She is nine years younger than I and I see it in her. I don't say a thing, no use for more chiding!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post