SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever experience taste or smells in your dreams???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever experience taste or smells in your dreams??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Just woke up from a dream that would have had a distinct taste and smell but did not.
Never thought about it before I reckon but doesn’t really seem like it can be a thing.
Feel, sound, and sight are there of course but can’t say I can recollect ever experiencing taste or smell in a dream.

Dreams are such a weird concept to me anyway.

Always. I dream in full color as well. If I am eating something in my dream I can taste it.

I brought this up to my MIL one day (think super hippy who is in tune with Mother Earth) and she said that I have a very special gift.

I’m not sure if that’s true or not. I’ve read we’re most people who dream only dream in black and white. I know my wife doesn’t experience dreams like mine where there are tastes and smells.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davidjinks:
I’ve read where most people who dream only dream in black and white.

Can't say that I've ever done B+W. Superman's cape was always red. Wink

Posts: 9164 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Had another good one last Monday...

Was reading a newspaper and the front page had a picture of a prototype articulated crane. The headline stated that the crane had been associated with 80 fatalities and is to be stored at an old railyard before it was scrapped. At the bottom of the photo, I recognized the location by the roofline of a 'haunted' warehouse.

Later I was sneaking down a large hill to get to the roof of the warehouse. Made it to the roof and climbed to the top. As I looked over the roofline to get a peek of the crane, a 'thing' came through the roof and appeared to be studying me. It was bright red in the center and faded in to black along the edges. I can't say that it had any particular form or shape. It stayed around 22 inches high and 5 or so inches wide and was mostly vertical.

As I was trying to figure out what 'it' really was, the roof began to get warmer. The warehouse was on fire! I could see smoke rising from the eaves and billowing from the ridges in the metal roof. The flames were very red and had no other color. The smell of the smoke was overpowering enough to taste it. It had dried out my throat and I began to get blisters as I was trying to run and jump off of the roof.

The 'thing' was staying about four feet in front of me as I was running and I made it to the edge of the roof to jump off... and woke up.

The smell of the smoke was so strong that I was compelled to get up and check the house to see if the smoke was only limited to the dream.

Posts: 9164 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your dreams are important. They are just not random neurons firing. Every dream you have is trying to tell you something. Pay attention. Smell and taste in your dreams is not rare.

Posts: 17253 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Almost every morning, precisely at 5 a.m., I dream
that I can smell coffee brewing. Smile

This must suggest hidden meanings or unconscious desires that elude my understanding.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15905 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dreams of smelling coffee in the AM is a bad omen.

Posts: 17253 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
Sight
Sound
Touch
Taste
Smell

All the usual suspects......just one thing.....I can't read. I can start reading, but I get mixed up and when I go back to re-read it will be different. I can get through a sentence or two but that's it. I guess that's the limit of what my sleeping brain can render. It should be a tip-off to me that I'm dreaming, but it's not.

Posts: 625 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post